Pinterest can be a great way to promote all kinds of businesses or just regular users they follow. However, there are instances when both types of users need to declutter some of their Pinterest boards and delete a pin or two. You may also just want to delete pins that are no longer useful. Thus, in this post, we will be discussing how to remove unwanted pins on Pinterest.
Why do we pin?
Some major reasons for deleting Pinterest pins are that you have pinned something that you know could get you in trouble, and it violates Pinterest community guidelines or copyrighted content. Or you make a glaring error in your wording, and spelling errors affect the performance of your pins. Finally, if you are already an influencer, your pins may show outdated offers because the deal has already expired.
Removing Unwanted Pins on Pinterest
Once you know which pins you want to remove, you can easily do so either through your web browser or through the Pinterest app on your mobile device. Let’s see the steps to do it:
- Open the Pinterest app.
- Now, sign-in into your Pinterest account.
- Once the Pinterest homepage opens, select the board/pin page containing the pins, one that you want to delete.
- Click on “Select” in the upper right corner.
- An outline appears around the selected pin.
- Thereafter, tap on the trash can icon.
- Then, confirm by clicking Delete.
Removing Multiple-Pins on Pinterest at once
It can be time-consuming too, again and again, open your Pinterest account settings to get rid of one pin at a time. Thus, we will discuss a way out for you wherein, you will be able to delete multiple pins at once. So, how do we do it:
- Go to ‘Boards’.
- Now, carefully select all boards that have pins that you want to delete.
- Thereafter, click on filter icon in the top right corner.
- Now, select the pins to move or delete.
- A prominent-red outline appears around the pins.
- Thereafter, proceed to delete by tapping on the “Delete” button.
- Finally, click on “Confirm”.
- Hurray! your work is done.
Pinterest Board does not show up
We know that Pinterest uses a cloud-based service that manages all the boards you upload. But, still, there’s no sure-shot way to restore them once you have deleted them. But let’s see some ways we may be able to do the same:
If your shared or sent Pinterest boards are linked with your email address/social network account, you can restore them from a backup with these steps:
- Open inbox and look for the link to the deleted board.
- Now, click on the link and you will get a message that the board has been deleted.
- Thereafter, click on “Restore” to see your deleted board being displayed in your dashboard under the ‘Belongs to me’ section.
Restoring various Group Boards
If you are looking for a group board that no longer shows up in your account, you may no longer be following the group, or the creator of the group may have removed it or closed their Pinterest account. You can either contact the owner of the group to send an invitation, or you can submit another join request.
Multiple Accounts on Pinterest
I have seen cases where users have more than one account. In this case, some pins may be in one of the other accounts and not in the main account.
You can solve this problem by listing all the email addresses you use and then try logging in with each address. You may find one that you can use to access your account and the Pinterest home page. Thus, if you have multiple email addresses, it may take a while to get to the email you can sign in with. However, you can retrieve any pins that are hidden in that account and also see who you are following in that particular account.
WRAPPING UP <<__>> How to Remove Unwanted Pins on Pinterest
In this post, we get to know the benefits of Pinterest. We also see how to make pins and also how to remove unwanted pins on Pinterest. On a departing note, I hope that I have had tremendous success in letting you understand simple and super easy steps to perform your ultimate task. With that, until next time…. See-ya, goodbye !! ? ? ? ?