What is a Realtek PCIe GBE family controller is a question asked by a lot of people. But many Windows users might be familiar with Realtek PCIe Gbe Family Controller. Especially in the case you are using Realtek PCIe Gbe Family controller for windows 10. There are times you have noticed that the controller gets disconnected. There are times you might have seen the controller gets disconnected or there is no network available. When you check in the device about the error you would probably see a yellow mark with the (!) mark before the controller icon. These are some of the common issues which we will discuss in the article as we go along.
These can be pretty annoying issues as they affect using few internet functions. If you are using Realtek PCIe Gbe Family Controller Windows 7 can also cause similar problems. But this, not something hard to resolve anyway, you need to fix the following things for smooth performance and flow.
What is a Realtek PCIe GBE family controller?
Realtek PCIe Gbe Family Controller is a driver that is located in the motherboard it is used for operating the LAN hardware. It helps in controlling the wire network function of your computer.
This is a controller chipset that interferes with your computer’s PCI Express (PCIe)bus to GBE (Giga Band Ethernet). It also enables your computer to connect to a wired ethernet network. And from that, it possibly goes onto the internet.
Common issue you face with this Controller
It is very common for the users to experience Realtek PCIe Gbe family controller driver or hardware-related issues. Or in some cases when there is no network available and the controller is disconnected from the system. You should also check the device manager it will tell you the network adapter code error 12 or code error 13.
On a more straightforward note, the two major causes for these Realtek driver issues are:
Either the LAN card is worn out, or there is a software problem with the driver running the LAN. In any of the cases, there are many solutions available to resolve them. Today here we will discuss the practical and most common fixes for these issues.
Here are some fixes for the Realtek PCIe Gbe Family controller issues
You can try to solve the Ethernet bug issue by yourself. The Ethernet bug generally includes network hardware and driver or Realtek PCIe Gbe family controller not working windows 10.
Here are some fixes that you can try:
- You can update the Realtek PCIe Gbe family controller driver
- Download appropriate Driver
- You can also change the network controller settings
- If you want you can perform a system restore (restore Windows 10)
- Replace the network adapter if required
Now just take a quick look at these points and how you can actually do them.
You can update the Realtek PCIe Gbe family controller driver
One of the most important things that you should check is whether the driver is updated or not. This issue comes at the top of the software-related issues. This issue occurs because the Realtek Driver is outdated. You can try this effective method to update your Realtek PCIe Gbe controller driver. Just follow the steps given below:
- The first step is to press Windows+R to open the run dialogue box.
- After it is opened type “devmgmt. msc” and press enters to unlock the device manager.
- Now from the device list click on the network adapter and then locate the Realtek Controller.
- After that click on the Realtek Controller and then click on the Driver Software. When you are updating the driver click on the manual mode.
- Now just select the drivers you want to update. Your operating system will search for those drivers and update them.
- After everything is done lastly just install all updates and restart your computer or laptop.
Download appropriate Driver
Follow the steps given below to Download appropriate Driver.
- First thing you should do is go to Realtek.com/downloads.
- Then find the suitable driver for your OS version.
- Then at last just install and download it in your operating system.
The issue may be fixed after you have installed the necessary drivers.
You can also change the network controller settings
When the Realtek Controller is facing a driver or Hardware problem. In such cases, the settings can be configured for it to check whether it attempts to bring back the Ethernet network. It can be helpful to change some settings in Realtek Controller Properties. Just follow the steps given below:
- Go to the device manager and expand the Network adapter
- Then right-click on the Realtek Controller driver for opening its properties.
- Now after that in the properties window, locate the property
- Locate auto-disable gigabit and set it to re-link, battery, or AC.
- Now locate green ethernet (under property) and set it disabled and press OK.
If you want you can perform a system restore (restore Windows 10)
Let’s find another fix. You can also perform a system restore will make you go back to the point where your system worker perfectly:
- Now press Windows+R to open the run dialogue box.
- After it is opened type “rstrui.exe” and after that press enter.
- Now after that fill in the data to which you want your system to detect back.
- Now you fill in the dates and everything is done that system will itself perform the restore process.
- Once the process is done your system will itself start rebooting.
Once everything is successfully done then you can check again whether the issue got resolved or not. However, this fix is not handy can make your system unstable if performed many times. You should only use this solution as the above-mentioned solution doesn’t work.
Replace the network adapter if required
If your problem is solved by the above methods, it means that the software problem can be a hardware issue. It indicates that the Realtek LAN card located in the motherboard is dead. In this situation, you have to replace it with a new one. You can buy a Realtek network adapter, and for replacing, you would require a specialist in computer hardware.
So, in all we discussed what is a Realtek PCIe GBE family controller? The Realtek PCIe Gbe family controller is the wired network system of your operating system.
We have mentioned many solutions which you can try there is one among them which will work for you. We have tried and tested all the above methods and in any case, none of them work for you consult a hardware technician to know whether if the hardware has a problem.