Want to know about a deleted Messenger account? How to disable or delete Facebook Messenger? Actually, this can be tricky, mainly because deactivating your Facebook account does not automatically deactivate or delete Facebook Messenger. Receiving too many Facebook messages is fun for some people, but a nuisance for others. If you belong to the latter category, you might be wondering if there is a way to disable Messenger.
Unfortunately, the only way to disable Messenger is to first deactivate/delete your Facebook account. However, there are some alternatives you can use, such as deactivating/deleting Messenger.
Why delete Facebook Messenger? ~~>
Facebook Messenger is not exactly private and stores exactly the same personal data as Facebook; also it may still be there even if you have deactivated your Facebook account. Why delete Facebook Messenger, let’s see some reasons:
- Facebook has had privacy breaches and data leaks in the past, so your data is clearly not safe with Facebook;
- As discussed above, it’s not private and hence not a very secure messaging app as it tracks your behavior; and also does not have encryption.
- Messenger’s source code is not available for independent review, and its security design is not well documented;
- Also, there are quite a few instant messaging apps that place more emphasis on privacy.
How to Delete a Messenger Account? ~~> ~~>
The following steps to deactivate Messenger apply to both iOS and Android platforms:
- Open the Messenger app.
- Then, tap on your profile > “Account Settings” > “Account Ownership and Control” > “Deactivation and Deletion”.
- Thereafter, select Deactivate Account > “Continue”
- That’s it! Now follow the prompts and thus your task will be complete.
- Remember that this action will deactivate your Facebook account.
Now, to deactivate Messenger:
- Open Messenger > Tap on your profile.
- Go to “Laws & Policies”
- Thereafter, tap Disable Messenger and follow the on-screen prompts.
- That’s it!
Reactivating your Messenger Account ~~>
To reactivate Facebook Messenger:
- Open your Facebook account.
- Thereafter, log into your account using your valid credentials.
- Then, go to Messenger and continue your chit-chatting.
- Voila! You have reactivated your Messenger account.
Effects of Deactivating Messenger !! ~~>
If you deactivate your Facebook Messenger, your profile will no longer appear in search results. However, your messages and comments will still be visible. So, if you want those messages to disappear after a certain amount of time; you can activate the disappear mode by swiping up during a conversation.
- It will be permanently deleted.
- You will have to create a new Messenger account to use Messenger.
Deleting your Messenger Account ~~> ~~>
It is clear that deactivating or deleting your Facebook account is not a final solution. The disadvantages far outweigh the positives. If you are just annoyed with your Messenger account; even if it is a bit more serious; there is always a way to turn off your Messenger and disable notifications. If you decide to go this route, here is how to do it:
- Open your Messenger app > Tap on your profile picture.
- Next, select “Active Status” > Uncheck the “show when active” option.
- Your account will become inactive thus.
- That’s it! This is all about your Deleted Messenger account.
Disable Messenger Notifications ~~>
- Open Messenger and click on your profile picture again.
- Select the “Notifications and Sounds” option.
- Thereafter, activate the “Do Not Disturb” mode.
- Voila! You have successfully disabled all Messenger notifications.
WRAPPING UP !! ~~> ~~>
In this post, I think I have done well enough to have given you ample solutions; to know about your deleted messenger account. All the methods above are literally very simple and even a beginner can thus easily follow them. So, try your hands on any of these quick ways to resolve the issues and fulfill your wish. Also, put out your thoughts and views in the comments section. Also, do mention which method you have liked the most. On that note, until the next time, see ya !! Goodbye !! ~~> ~~>
:: ~~> ~~> :: ** :::::: ** :: )) ** :: ** (( ~~> ~~>