Facebook pages are hubs for posts that get people to either engage in interesting conversations or try to manipulate you with misleading data. That’s why you need to learn how to unfollow on Facebook. There are many reasons for users to unfollow someone or a page or group, and it is explicitly stated that this will be a bone of contention. Hence, on that note, you will learn about how do you unfollow a page or a group on Facebook
How Do You Unfollow Page, Group on Facebook? ~~>
In this section, you will find step-by-step instructions for ways to unfollow a person, group, or page on Facebook. So, let’s get started right away!
How do you unfollow someone on Facebook? ~~> ~~>
To unfollow a person’s post, you need to have a post from that person in your newsfeed. With this method, you will still remain friends with the person, but you will not see any posts from them. The following steps must be followed to unfollow a friend:
- First up, log in to your Facebook account.
- Then, as soon as you see a post from this person, click the 3-dots button.
- Thereafter, select the “Unfollow” option.
- That’s it! You have successfully unfollowed this person.
Note: Unfollowing a person will not hide your posts from them. They will have to unfollow you too to hide your posts from being visible to them.
Unfollowing a Facebook Page? ~~> ~~>
In order to unfollow Facebook pages, you will have to proceed with the following steps:
- First up, as always, log in to your Facebook account.
- Then, go to the page you want to unfollow.
- Next, click on the 3-dots button.
- Next, go to the “Manage Follow Settings” button.
- Finally, click on “Off” so that you never see a post from that page again.
- Hurray! Your work is complete 🙂
Now, what about unfollowing a Facebook Group? ~~> ~~>
To unfollow a Facebook group, follow the steps given below:
- As usual, log in to your Facebook account.
- Thereafter, go to the group in question by searching for them or clicking on their profile in one of their posts.
- Tap on the 3-dots button > “Follow” > “Unfollow”.
- Voila! You have successfully unfollowed that annoying group 🙂
Why do you need to unfollow a person, a page, or a group? ~~> ~~>
Fake news and information that is factually incorrect and can mislead many people are piling up on Facebook. Therefore, sensible users have started to stop following fake posts, etc. Facebook’s policies against Fake News or regulating information are also controversial. Facebook has been involved in many scandals, such as Facebook Analytica and so on, and this has made many users stop misinformation by fact-checking.
Thus, when users find misleading content, they take it upon themselves to unfollow the page, group, and even the friend who shares such content. Some of the users have also stopped using Facebook. But, I won’t suggest taking such drastic steps until t literally becomes a nuisance and hence a necessity to delete your account. But, if you insist on deleting your account and are sensibly ready to do so, then, let’s proceed to the next section to learn more about it.
Deleting your Facebook account? ~~> ~~>
Before, going through with this drastic step, take a moment and gather your thoughts and consciousness and see if you really want to delete your account. If the answer is affirmative, then, proceed with the following steps:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Then, click on the bar with “More” options (the three horizontal lines).
- Next, go to the “Settings & Privacy” option > “Your Facebook information”.
- Thereafter, click on “Account ownership and control” > “Deactivation and Deletion” > “Delete Account”.
- That’s it! Your account will now be permanently deleted.
A word of caution: To be on the safer side, you shall download your data before deleting your Facebook account.
Miscellaneous ~~> ~~>
If you are really annoyed after using Facebook/Meta as it is now known, are literally want to run away from it. Then, you can opt for an alternate social media platform like Reddit for that matter.
Reddit is a social media application for collecting and sharing news that I would recommend to anyone instead of Facebook. It deals with the proper collection of news and sticks to information, making sure that the information shared is as authentic as possible.
Reddit users have grown in number and is becoming a new hotspot for citizens to collaborate with interest groups and share their opinions on topics they are most interested in. It differs from Facebook in many ways. Reddit operates with a sub-Reddit, similar to groups on Facebook, but with a different layout.
WRAPPING UP !! ~~> ~~>
In this post, I think I have done well enough to have given you ample solutions; to satisfy your quest of how do you unfollow a page or a group on Facebook. All the methods above are literally very simple and even a beginner can easily follow them. So, try your hands on the quick fixes to satisfy your desires. If you are faced with any more queries or have anything important to share then, you can post it in the comments section. Thereafter, I will readily try to incorporate great ideas and put them in this article. On that note, until the next time, see ya !! Goodbye !! ~~> ~~>
:: ~~> ~~> :: ** :::::: ** :: )) ** :: ** (( ~~> ~~>