In this post, we will get to know about how to turn off safe search Google. So, let’s get started with the topic right away without wasting any time. This article explains how to disable SafeSearch in different browsers for desktop and mobile. The setting is browser-dependent and will not sync with all your devices.
Why Safe Search? ~~>
There’s a website for every niche and interest, but that does not mean the content is safe to find, especially if you share your devices with kids. If you do not want to give them unlimited access to search results, you need to set up a filter. Google blocks explicit content by default, thanks to its SafeSearch system.
SafeSearch filters content that it deems unsafe for children. It’s not foolproof, but it helps keep kids and young adults safer when searching the web. If you want to know how to turn SafeSearch off, you need to disable it in the Google Search Settings menu on your device.
What is Google Safe Search? ~~>
Google Safe Search is an automatic filter used by parents, workplaces, and schools to prevent harmful content from appearing in Google results, such as pornographic or violent images, videos, and websites. When enabled, the SafeSearch filter is applied to both Google Search and Google Image Search.
The feature is automatically enabled for all accounts belonging to a user who is 12 years old or younger. If you are a parent using Google’s Family Link app, you can only disable the feature yourself, not your children. Administrators of a school or workplace network can keep Google SafeSearch permanently enabled by mapping domains to forcesafesearch.google.com. However, Google recommends that a tech-savvy person handle this process.
How to Turn off Safe Search Google ~~>
Turning off the SafeSearch on PC browser ~~>
- Sign in to your Google Account and navigate to the Google homepage.
- Click on Settings in the lower right corner.
- Thereafter, in the pop-up window, click Search Settings.
- Now, click the check box next to Enable SafeSearch.
- Then, you need to click on Save at the bottom.
- If the box next to Enable SafeSearch has a check mark, the search results will be filtered. Otherwise, you will see all search results.
Turning off the SafeSearch on Android ~~>
- Open Google App
- Thereafter, click on More.
- Go to Settings and General.
- Next, inorder to SafeSearch, slide the toggle switch to the left or right.
In Google Chrome or any browser ~~>
- Open your browser.
- Then, go to the Google homepage and sign in to your account.
- Now, tap the menu icon.
- Thereafter, go to Settings.
- Now, inorder to enable SafeSearch, tap the checkbox next to hide explicit results.
- To disable it, tap the check box next to show explicit results.
- Finally, click on Save.
- That’s it! You are now ready to safesearch.
SafeSearch on Android/Smart TV ~~>
- From the home screen of your TV, select Settings.
- Next, click on Search > SafeSearch > On/Off
Turning off the SafeSearch on iPhone ~~>
- Open the Google app on your iPhone and tap on your profile icon.
- In the pop-up window, select Settings and then General.
- On the General page, tap Search Settings.
- Now, thereafter, tap on the circular button next to show explicit results on the next page to turn off SafeSearch.
- Tap the circular button next to hide explicit results to turn SafeSearch on.
Turning Bing SafeSearch On/Off ~~>
- Open Bing.
- Now, go to Menu > SafeSearch > On/Off
- Finally, scroll down and tap on Save.
- To undo these changes, you need to follow the above steps, but consider choosing “Strict” or “Moderate” as your SafeSearch options, then finally tap on Save.
Turning Yahoo! SafeSearch On/Off ~~>
- Open Yahoo.
- Then, go to Menu > Settings > SafeSearch > On/Off.
- Finally, click on Save.
Note: To undo these changes, you need to follow the above steps, but consider choosing “Strict” or “Moderate” as your SafeSearch options, then finally tap on Save.
WRAPPING UP !! ~~> ~~>
In this post, we have seen what is Safe Search? We also have seen what is Google SafeSearch. Not only that, but we have also seen why we need SafeSearch. Thus, this post is an educative one for you to perform SafeSearch. On that note, until next time, see ya!! Goodbye !! ~~> ~~>
:: ~~> ~~> :: ** :::::: ** :: )) ** :: ** ((