Nowadays, whenever you look around, you will find that web development is one technology that has literally seen a boom. Every other technology person is somewhat associated with the Web Dev technology. Now, Web Development technology is sub-divided into three different stacks based on the functionality. The three stacks thus born are Full-Stack, MEAN Stack and MERN Stack. On that note, we will discuss more on them down the aisle and also look at the scenario of Full-Stack vs MEAN Stack vs MERN Stack. So, let’s start right away!
Full-Stack vs MEAN Stack vs MERN Stack
First of all, what is a Stack? It is basically, an abstract data type that represents a collection of components with two main functions: “Push“, which adds a component to the collection, and “Pop“, which removes the last component added that has not yet been removed.
A type of structure that arises from the analogy to physical objects stacked on top of each other, which make it easy to remove an element at the top of the stack. To get to an item deep in the stack, you may need to remove several other items.
On that note, some common technology stacks to develop each component of a system are:
- Front-end frameworks – Angular.js, Polymer.js, backbonejs, Ember.js,
- Backend technologies – Nodejs, PHP, . NET, Ruby on Rails
- Backend framework – ASP.NET, Rails, Express, CodeIgniter
Here’s how to change directory in Powershell!! –>
What is Full Stack?
Full-stack development is rapidly gaining popularity as it is becoming a coveted tech position for many companies. Talented developers come here from different areas: Front-end, back-end, mobile app database and testing.
Full-stack programmers are the center of attention because of the benefits they offer. They most likely program for multiple technologies and multi-technology projects to create a great UX /UI.
Full-stack programmers nowadays understand and solve problems in different areas of software development, so much so that companies today rigorously seek to hire full-stack developers who can build an entire web or mobile application from scratch without breaking the process.
Confused as to which cloud to use? Here’s a comparative study on AWS and Azure!! ->
Pros of Full-Stack –>
- Allows for easy switching between front-end and back-end development, depending on your requirement.
- It helps you to keep an eye on the complete design structure.
- Not only that, it is also a cost saving option, because you can work on both the front-end and back-end.
- Provides for an easy state of design and implementation.
Here’s a comparative study of MongoDb and DynamoDb. Do catch a glimpse!! –>
What is MEAN Stack?
Pros of MEAN Stack –>
- It spans the entire development cycle from the client side to the server side.
- Also, it supports Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture to make the development process smooth.
- Not only that, it helps to avoid unnecessary grunt work and keeps web application development very well organized.
- It is an open-source framework and there is an enthusiastic community to support.
Here’s a quality read on the Web Development Wars – Laravel vs Core PHP. Do read this for a fascinating insight!! –>
What is MERN Stack?
Now, here comes another modified form but this time of the MEAN Stack. The MERN Stack likewise get its name from its technologies namely, MongoDb, ExpressJS, ReactJS and NodeJS. Thus, it is an amalgamation of technologies used to build a web application. Many applications are built using multiple technologies such as frameworks, libraries, and databases.
It simplifies the developmental process as it provides a consistent framework for a programmer’s work.
Pros of MERN Stack –>
- The biggest advantages for anyone using the MERN Stack for development is that all the code is written in JS. So, a context switching is not necessary.
- It makes for an efficient web development environment.
- Supports Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture to make the development process smooth.
- Open-source in a framework and supported by a large community.
Want to learn about Unit Testing and Functional Testing? Here’s the companion that you need !! –>
WRAPPING UP — Full-Stack vs MEAN Stack vs MERN Stack –>
By now, I can safely, vouch that you are definitely aware about Full Stack, MEAN Stack and MERN Stack. And, are also aware about the comparative analysis of the three stacks. So, this was me giving you a demonstration on Full-Stack vs MEAN Stack vs MERN Stack. So, now, you as a developer must choose the appropriate Stack type to create a quality product. Thus, the choice is yours. But, do remember, if you’ve any confusion or questions whatsoever about this topic, do feel free to reach out to m. Post your queries in the comments section and, I will readily try to help. On that note, until the next time, see ya!! Goodbye!!