Yes, you can use the ps4 DualShock on your ps5 but only to play backwards compatible ps4 games and you cannot use it to play the ps5 games directly on the console. Even you can use the controller to remotely play ps5 games on phone, tablet or Mac through the remote plat app. Let’s look at the ways to connect your PS4 controller on PS5.
STEPS TO CONNECT A PS4 CONTROLLER ON PS5 WITH A CABLE?
You have to follow some steps to connect a ps4 controller on ps5 with a cable which are given below:
- Firstly, you need to plug the micro USB cable for the ps4 DualShock controller intro any ps5 USB ports.
- Then you have to turn your ps5 on and press the PS button to turn on the DualShock 4.
- When it will be prompted, you have to select the user which is using the controller from a list if profiles.
STEPS TO CONNECT PS4 CONTROLLER ON PS5 WITHOUT A CABLE?
To connect a ps4 controller on ps5 without a cable, you need to do some steps which are described below:
- You have to open the settings menu on the PS home screen by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Then you have to come under the settings, scroll down until and unless you see accessories and then click it.
- Now in the accessories menu, you will make sure that both the Bluetooth and accessories turned on.
- Then click on the Bluetooth accessories.
- You will see the connected devices registered to the console on the Bluetooth accessories page. While using the unconnected ps4 controller, you have to hold down the share button and the ps4 logo button in the controller’s centre simultaneously until there is a flashing light and this means the DualShock is in pairing mode.
- Once we are in pairing mode, the ps4 controller can see under the accessories found on the Bluetooth accessories page and then using the controller already connected, you need to scroll down to where you see DualShock4 and then select it.
- Then the prompt will appear and ask that if you want to register this Bluetooth accessory then you have to choose yes and wait for the coloured light which will show on the ps4 controller indicating pairing was successful.
STEPS TO USE A PS4 CONTROLLER TO PLAY PS5 GAMES REMOTELY ON YOUR PHONE, TABLET OR COMPUTER?
- You have to go to the settings menu by clicking the gear icon on the ps5.
- Then you have to choose a system under the list of options.
- Then you need to click remote play.
- After that click the toggle next to enable remote play to turn it on.
- Then you have to put your ps5 in the rest mode by going back to the main settings menu and selecting the system.
- When you will choose the power saving option, then click the features available in rest mode.
- Then you will enable the following two capabilities i.e., stay connected to the internet and enable turning in ps5 from the network.
- Then you have to download the PlayStation remote play app for the Mac, windows or android.
- Now, you need to launch the app on whatever device you are using and select the PS remote play option.
- Then you have to choose sign in to PSN and log in using the same as you used on your ps5.
- After that select your ps5 in the list of available devices.
- Then you can connect your DualShock 4 controllers on the computer and follow the prompts on the phone or tablet to connect the controller using your device’s Bluetooth settings.
From the above analysis, we can conclude that we can use the ps4 controller on ps5. We can connect ps4 controller on the ps5 with a cable as well as we can connect both the controllers without a cable also. For connecting, you have to follow the steps described above and from this, you can use the ps4 controller to a ps5.