WhatsApp is a messaging app of Meta that provides a wide range of features to its users. You can text, call, upload status, etc. on the app. WhatsApp has more than a million users and the number is still going up. So, if you are a new user and are trying to install the app on your device or you are an old user and are trying to update the app but it is not working. Then you are at the right place since we are going to give you methods to solve the problem ‘WhatsApp Not Installing Or Updating On My Device’.
Also read: Best stickers app for WhatsApp 2021
WhatsApp Not Installing Or Updating On My Device
There are various reasons behind ‘WhatsApp Not Installing Or Updating On My Device’ and we will discuss all of them including the solutions to it.
There is always a possibility that your smartphone is not compatible with WhatsApp. Some of the features that your device should have in order to comply with it are as follows:
- Firstly, the device should be the latest Android OS or above 4.0.3.
- Secondly, your smartphone should have a strong internet connection either through mobile data or WiFi.
- Lastly, the device should also have a connection through which you can send, receive and verify the code.
The above three conditions should be complied with for WhatsApp to work on your smartphone. So, please ensure that it does.
Sometimes when you download the app, some type of error may appear on your screen. There are different types of errors that may show while downloading WhatsApp. Some of them are given below:
If you are facing any of the above-mentioned errors then you can solve it by following the steps given below:
- Firstly, you have to navigate to Google and delete your account from there.
- Secondly, remove all the cache that is showing on Google Play Store.
- Lastly, after completing the above steps, try installing WhatsApp again.
How to delete a Google account?
- Firstly, navigate to Settings of your smartphone and find User/Accounts & Sync.
- Secondly, click on it and you will find the option of Google under it.
- Now you have to click on your Google account.
- When you do so, you will see the option to ‘Remove account‘. Click on it.
- Lastly, you have to restart your smartphone.
How to clear the cache on Play Store?
- After adding your Google account, navigate to Settings.
- Secondly, find the option of Apps in Settings of your smartphone.
- Click on Manage Apps and look for Google Play Store on the list of apps.
- When you find it, click on it. Here you will see the option of Clear Data.
- Click on it and you will be done with the process.
It is necessary to have a proper amount of storage available on your smartphone before downloading WhatsApp. If your smartphone lacks the required amount of space then the following errors can show:
You can tackle these errors by following the steps given below:
- Firstly, you have to move certain unwanted apps from your ROM to an external SD card to clear some space. Alternatively, you can permanently delete them from your device.
- Secondly, you can follow the above-mentioned method and clear the cache by navigating to the Play Store.
- After doing all these, you should again try to download WhatsApp on your device.
There is a chance that WhatsApp is not available in your country. So you should check this first and then proceed to install the app on your device. We have an alternative for such cases. You can download the APK file as follows:
- Firstly, navigate to the browser of your smartphone and type Whatsapp APK on the search bar.
- Now you will find the link to APKPure.com.
- When you open this link then tap on the option of “Download APK 40.5 MB”.
- Keep waiting for the download to finish and open the file when it does.
- Now you have to follow the various pop-ups that will appear on the screen.
- Lastly, tap on the option of Install. When the installation is complete then you have to log into your WhatsApp account.
Conclusion for WhatsApp Not Installing Or Updating On My Device
We hope that our blog on ‘WhatsApp Not Installing Or Updating On My Device’ helps you in tackling the issues you are facing. All the above-mentioned methods are very easy and you can follow them easily. WhatsApp is an app that has become a necessity in everyday life. So, we hope that you will be able to use the app now. Thank you for reading our blog!