So, have you been trying to remove/disable reels on Instagram? Did you not find a way to do so, yet? Don’t worry! I’ve got your back. Now, you need not think over more because in this post, I will be discussing the topic, “How to remove or disable Reels on Instagram?” So, be cheerful and stay cool as we get through this adventure of the Reels journey on Instagram. Now, we have blabbered much here, let’s come to the point thence. So, here we go!
How to Remove or Disable Reels on Instagram
As we already know, Reels on Instagram is a feature that allows users to create short creative videos similar to TikTok.But, sometimes, due to various reasons, it may be that you want to remove/disable the Reels on Instagram. So, what should you do? In the subsequent sections, we will be discussing, just the same topic. So, let’s start right away!
How to Remove or Disable Reels on Instagram on Android –>
As of now, there is no set method to disable the reels on Android but, you can still do well to download an older version of Instagram to somewhat resolve your issue. So, here’s what you need to do:
- Download the APK file of Instagram from your browser.
- Thereafter, launch your device “Settings”.
- Now, go to the “Security” tab —> “Install from Unknown Sources”.
- Finally, tap the browser you are using to download the APK file and enable Allow from this source.
- Next, open the downloaded APK file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the app.
- Thereafter, launch Instagram again to check if Reels on Instagram has already been removed.
- That’s it! Enjoy 🙂
How to prevent Instagram from being updated
Below are the steps that you need to follow to prevent the Instagram app from updating itself:
- Launch the Google Play Store app.
- Then, search for “Instagram” and tap on it.
- Next, go to “Options” —> Uncheck, “Enable automatic updating”.
- That’s it!
Remove/Disable Reels on iOS –>
Unfortunately, if you are using an iOS device, it’s not that easy to install previous versions of an app, unlike on Android. This requires a jailbreak, which is a complicated procedure where a lot can go wrong if you are still new. However, if you do not want to jailbreak your device, you should not give up hope just yet. Since Instagram Reels is only available in the app, this means that the web version of Instagram does not have the Reels feature, which is good news! So, you can easily use Instagram on Web and enjoy the same thing. So, here’s what you need to do:
- Launch your preferred browser.
- Thereafter, open the official Instagram website.
- Thereafter, enter your valid login credentials.
- Now, if all goes well, you will be logged in.
- That’s it! Now, you can enjoy all the features easily 🙂
How to remove your own Reels
If you have tried Instagram Reels and changed your mind about them, you can follow the steps below to remove your Instagram Reels:
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Thereafter, go to your profile and tap on the Reels tab.
- After that, tap on the reel that you want to delete.
- Thereafter, tap the three-dots button and select “Delete” –> “Delete”
- Finally, refresh the Reels tab by swiping down on your screen to check if you are successful.
- Enjoy 🙂
How to hide Reels from your Instagram Feed
Do you find some Instagram reels annoying? If you do not want to see certain reels in your feed, Instagram has a feature built in that allows you to hide content you do not like or do not want to see. To hide specific reels:
- Launch the Instagram app and tap the “Explore” tab.
- Thereafter, tap on the reel to hide.
- Next, tap on the three-dots button and tap on “Hide”.
- Now, if you change your mind and want to undo the changes you made, just go back to the hidden scroll and tap the “Undo” button.
- There you are, enjoy 🙂
WRAPPING UP!! –>
So, now that you have come to this, I am pretty sure that you have gone through all the methods and facts related to the topic, “How to Remove or Disable Reels on Instagram.” Thus, now I can rest assured that your crisis is over and you will now be able remove/disable any reel that you want on Instagram at will. So, make sure to use the knowledge acquired here and thereby make your life easy and peasy. On that note, until the next time, see ya!! Goodbye!! –>