Have you ever heard about League of Legends? Of course, you have! It’s so silly of me asking this question in the first place. But, if you haven’t heard of it yet, do not worry! I will be talking about it a bit more in this post. And, will also we discussing how to fix Riot Client not opening. So, if you are looking for the answers on the same topic, then, do join me in this adventurous and educative journey. Here we go then!
How to fix Riot Client Not Opening — The Causes
League of Legends, is quite a popular game, if not the most popular game in the world. Over and above 250million players play this game. One of the highest MOBA games, it also requires a very minimal system configuration and is also equally easier to play.
Since it is a very popular game, Riot does make sure that the platform is online 24/7 to keep players satisfied. However, problems do occur, and bugs are inevitable with any app or game, with the Riot Client not opening, being a more common issue.
This issue crops up when the game files are corrupted or the resource is corrupt. It can also be because of outdated Client, unstable internet connection, usage of any 3rd party application that might be interfering with this game or even bad user configs. But, it’s not enough to only know the causes. Hence, in this post, as you move ahead, we will also get to see some quick fixes for this issue. So, what I was thinking now is, without wasting any more moment in dilly-dallying let’s start with the fixes right away!
How to fix Riot Client Not Opening — The Fixes
Now, that you have come to know about the various causes of this issue of Riot Client not opening, let’s discuss the best fixes out there to resolve this issue. So, here we go with the first one up!
Restart your System
The first and foremost solution that you can try to fix this issue is restarting your system. This is one of the easiest and quickest ways to fix an issue with the Riot Client launch. It is so because, restarting your system, reloads all the resources and fixes any temporary technical glitches if any. Here’s what you need to do:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Start menu.
- Thereafter, open the Power Options tab.
- Finally, select Restart to restart your system.
- Next, restart your Riot Client application and see if the issue fixes.
- Enjoy 🙂
Run Riot Client as Administrator
If Riot Client fails to start, I recommend your run it as an administrator. This will give the application full access to your system, bypassing all the restrictions of your operating system. Here’s what you need to do:
- On your desktop, locate “Riot Client” and right-click on it.
- Then select “Properties” —> “Compatibility” tab.
- Make sure that the ‘”Run this program as administrator” option is enabled.
- Finally, try to restart the client and check if the problem resolves.
- That’s it! Enjoy 🙂
Disable Antivirus if any
Antivirus programs are third-party programs that protect your computer from malware and other viruses. While they are very useful for security, they can also cause problems with legitimate applications like Riot Client.
To avoid problems, we recommend that you disable your antivirus program before running Riot Client on your computer. Alternatively, you can add Riot Client to your antivirus Safe list to prevent it from blocking the same.
Update your Graphics Card
Outdated graphics card drivers may also prevent Riot Client from opening. To avoid problems, we recommend updating your graphics drivers to the latest version to fix bugs and other issues. So, here’s what you need to do:
- First, press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard to open the access menu.
- Thereafter, go to “Device Manager” —> “Display Adapters” tab.
- Finally, right-click your graphics card and select “Update Driver”
- Now, wait for a few moments to complete the process.
- Finally, run the Riot Client application to check if the issue resolves.
- That’s it! Enjoy 🙂
Close any unused app
Your system may not have enough resources to run Riot Client. If this is the case, we recommend closing all unused applications to free up system memory and CPU threads. To do this:
- Open “Start” Menu.
- Now, go to “Task Manager” and identify the applications you are not using.
- You can press “Ctrl + Alt + Delete” keys together to open the “Task Manager”.
- Thereafter, check which all programs are unnecessarily open.
- Finally, close each unused application to free some RAM and memory.
- Enjoy 🙂
Update your Windows
The version of Windows you are using may have an issue that is causing problems with the Riot Client. To fix this, update your operating system to the latest version to resolve errors. Here’s how:
- On your computer, open the Start menu and go to “Windows Settings”.
- Thereafter, click “Update & Security” —> “Windows Update” —> “Check for Updates”.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, restart your system to apply the changes and see if you can open Riot Client now.
- Enjoy 🙂
WRAPPING UP!! –>
So, now that you have come to this, I am pretty sure that you have gone through all the methods and facts related to the topic, “How to fix Riot Client Not Opening.” Thus, now I can rest assured that your crisis is over and you will now be able fix the issue of Riot Client not Opening. So, make sure to use the knowledge acquired here and thereby make your life easy and peasy. On that note, until the next time, see ya!! Goodbye!! –>