How to see Hidden Tags on Instagram Stories? Are you also having questions on the same topic and are wondering how to do it? Worry not! You have come to the right place and at the right time in the right realm 🙂
The Instagram App Story
To start with, Instagram is a social media powerhouse for all the best reasons. This popular social media app has given influencers and businesses countless opportunities to grow and reach new audiences. Regular users also like to post on the platform and follow communities they are involved with. So you should see that there is something for everyone on the platform. And we must say that this is quite a remarkable achievement.
This app is constantly releasing new updates for its users, so there is something new to discover every time. Just when you think you have mastered the art of Instagram, the next day new features will pop up and you’ll learn how to use them. So, it goes without saying that once you sign up for this social media app, you’ll never get bored. That is why, I recommend you definitely signing up for your Instagram account if you have not already.
Now, that you know a bit about Instagram and its features. Let’s take a look at the main topic of discussion for today in the subsequent sections down under.
How to see Hidden Tags on Instagram Stories?
The Instagram Story feature is one of the coolest innovations the app has introduced on the platform. We all enjoy sharing these fun and entertaining moments with our Instagram followers. Be it a birthday post for someone or a congratulatory message for a friend’s new job, it ends up in our Stories, right? A lot of people love to mention the people who are in it in their Stories.
But we do not think any of us like stuffing our posts with their usernames when we could fill in those blanks with a polite and considerate comment instead. That’s why people like to hide their mentions so they do not show up anywhere in the story. Thus, we will now get down to see these hidden mentions.
To see hidden tags on an Instagram Story, you need to first enable it from Settings. So, here’s what you got to do:
- Open the Instagram App.
- Then, login into your account.
- Go to your profile –> Tap the three-dots(Menu/More) button.
- Thereafter, go to “Settings” –> “Privacy & Security”.
- Next, enable the “Show Hashtags” option under “Account Privacy”.
- That’s it!
- Hurray! You will now be able to see hidden mentions/hashtags on an Instagram Story. So, enjoy 🙂
Remember: You will receive a notification when you are mentioned in a story, even if the mentions are not visible to you. You will also get a small preview of the story where you are mentioned in the chat box with the person who mentioned you.
You should visit your direct messages to see it. When you open the chat, the story will be displayed there, along with a link that says “Add to your story”.
You as Creator of the Story –>
If you are the creator, then you can also do as below to check hidden tags on your Instagram stories:
- Open the Instagram application and tap on the “Your Story” icon.
- Next, tap on the three-vertical dot icons (bottom right corner of the Story)
- Thereafter, tap on the “Add Mentions” option.
- The person you have already mentioned in your story will now be at the top of the list.
- The Add Mention option will be automatically highlighted. This indicates that you have already added the person to your mentions.
- That’s it! Enjoy 🙂
How to create Hidden tags in Instagram Story?
I have seen that there’s a bit of confusion about how to hide mentions in an Instagram Story. At this point, I will like to clarify that you can only hide a mention in an Instagram Story directly in the Story itself. There are two ways to do this, so let’s see what they are:
Dragging the Tags off the screen
This is without any doubt, the easiest way, here’s what you need to do:
- Launch your Instagram app.
- Now, swipe left to open the Stories page.
- Thereafter, take the picture you want to turn into a Story.
- Next, tap the sticker icon and then tap @Mention to enter the mention.
- Thereafter, tap and hold the mention and drag it away from your phone screen until it disappears completely.
- Finally, tap “Done”.
- That’s it! Now, enjoy 🙂
- Launch your Instagram app.
- Tap the camera icon.
- Now, take a photo or select one form your gallery.
- Next, tap the text icon to start typing the mention.
- Now, when you are done typing, tap and hold the mention and then drag it away from your phone screen until it disappears completely.
- Thereafter, tap “Done”.
- That’s it! You’ve successfully hidden a tags on your Instagram Story. Enjoy 🙂
How to see Hidden Instagram Stories?
When you view another person’s Story on Instagram, they can see that you’ve seen it. If you don’t want the person whose Story you’re looking at to know you’ve seen it, there is a way to see it without them knowing. Here’s how:
- Open the Instagram App.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Thereafter, disable the “Show Activity Status” option.
- Now, view any story and the creator of the story won’t come to know that you have seen that story.
Why can’t I see when anyone tags me in a Story?
If you are wondering the same, then, remember that only people who follow you can tag you in their stories. Thus, if you want to see a tag then you should be following back that person.
Another reason maybe is that the person who tagged you has set their story to private. In this case, even if you follow her, you won’t be able to see her Story unless she has added you as a friend. Finally, it’s also possible that the person didn’t specifically mention your username at all.
If none of these explanations seem to apply to the situation, the problem may be caused by an error. In this case, it’s best to contact Instagram directly for troubleshooting help.
How to tell if someone is viewing my Instagram stories through an anonymous third-party site?
There’s no surefire way to tell if someone is using an anonymous third-party website to view your Instagram stories, but there are a few things you can look out for. If you notice that someone is viewing your Stories more often than usual, or seems to be watching them very closely, he or she may be using a third-party site to do so.
WRAPPING UP!! –>
By now, I can safely say, that you have got the answers to your question, how to see Hidden Tags on Instagram Stories? You’ve also come to know about various other tips and tricks related to the Instagram Story and the tags. How to hide mentions? How to unhide them? And, what not? But, if you still have any confusion or questions about this topic, feel free to reach out to me in the comments section and I will readily try to help. On that note, until the next time, see ya!! Goodbye!!