Snapchat has grown into a platform ever so large, that, there is I dare say, not many people who wouldn’t know about it. Its growth has really been astounding, a lot of factors contributing to this, including a better UI/UX. But, sometimes, in the flow of things, you may commit an offence that violates the Snapchat platform use policies. Thus, in response to such offensive activities, Snapchat may ban your device, in turn, hindering your access to your Snap account. On that note, in this post, I will be discussing about the various reasons why Snapchat banned your Phone? Also why and how to reverse the ban? So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started with the topic right away without much ado!
Here’s what you can do in case Snapchat says, “We could not find matching credentials”!! –>
Snapchat Banned your Phone? — Various Reasons
Generally, any platform bans its users due to some mischievous or offensive activities. Sometimes, it may be that the activity that you are performing on the Snapchat platform, may not be in line to the standard policy of Snapchat. In such a case, Snapchat may ban your device and your account. On that note, let’s see some possible common reasons for such a drastic step by Snapchat and then, we will proceed to see some resolutions for the same. So, let’s start:
- Someone Reports your Account
- It may be that someone reports your account, Snapchat which takes its user policy seriously may ban your device. Though, you can still raise an objection and your side of the story will also be taken note off and relevant actions will be taken thereafter.
- Using 3rd party Apps
- If Snapchat detects that you are using one of the illegal third-party apps, it is likely going to block you. The most commonly blocked apps are Phantom, SnapTool, Sneakaboo, Snapchat ++, Scotchman, and Emulator.
- Other illegal/offensive activity
- If you are someone who glorifies illegal activities like talking about drugs and posting snaps of them, then, also Snapchat may ban you.
- Violation of Terms and Conditions
- As with other platforms, if you violate the Terms and Conditions of the Snapchat platform, you may still be banned.
These were some of the possible common reasons for Snapchat banning your phone. So, it’s better to take precautions firsthand, lest you will also run into such a ban. But, if you have already been banned, do not worry, as next up, we will be looking at the possible fixes for this.
Want to bypass Snapchat Verification Code? Here’s how you can do so!! –>
Snapchat Banned your Phone? Why and how to reverse the ban?
Snapchat device ban denies you an opportunity to access the Snapchat platform, thus hindering your social media activities. But, do not worry, there are various ways you can un-ban your device. We will look at the common methods in this regard. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s start with the first one right away!
Update your Snapchat App –>
One of the foremost ways that you can un-ban your device is by updating your application. This will eliminate all possibilites of errors occuring from the technical end of the application, if any. Because, your may sometimes just be a technical glitch, as has been often reported. So, here’s what you need to do:
- Open Apple Store or Google Play store, depending on your device.
- Thereafter, search for “Snapchat” and select the application.
- Next, proceed to tap on the “Update” option there.
- Now, wait for sometime as the application starts updating itself.
- Thereafter, re-launch your application to see if the ban is revoked.
- If yes, then the ban was due to a technical glitch, otherwise proceed with the other steps.
Here’s a quality read on what SFS means on Snapchat !! –>
Change Date/Time of your device –>
Sometimes, the wrong date/time may also be a cause of such ban. So, here’s how you can fix your date/time of the device:
- Open the device “Settings” app.
- Thereafter, go to “General Management”.
- Next, tap on “Date and Time” –> “Set Automatically”.
- Now, choose a date sometime prior to when you were banned/blocked.
- Thereafter, uninstall the Snapchat application.
- Finally, reinstall the application and check if everything is working fine.
- That’s it! Enjoy 🙂
Wait for Sometime –>
If you have tried your hand on many methods but still have some patience but do not want to try any other method, then, you can simply sit back and wait for some days. Now, if this Snapchat ban is not permanent, you will be able to get into your account in some days/months time. So, Yes! Patience is the key here 🙂
Here’s figuring out your Best Friends List order!!–>
Force quit your Snapchat application –>
Sometimes, the only way out to solve such issues is force quitting the application you are using, in this case, Snapchat. So, here’s what you got to do:
- Open your device Settings.
- Now, go to “Apps” > “Snapchat” > “Force Stop”
- Thereafter, restart your device.
- That’s it! Now verify if what you did has solved the issue.
- Finally, sit back and enjoy 🙂
Contact Snapchat Support –>
At last, if none of the above methods work, the only method left with you, which e generally call the Ultimate method, is you can try contacting Snapchat customer support. Here’s how:
- Visit the Snapchat support page here.
- There, click on the “Contact us” option.
- Select “I can’t access my account” and “I can’t create an account” (or depending on your specific issue).
- Proceed to click on “Yes”.
- Next, enter your details and the briefly describe your issue and finally click on “Submit”.
- Now, await at least 24hours to get a reply or a solution from the team.
Your camera roll isn’t backed up? Here’s what to do now!! –>
WRAPPING UP!! –>
I hope that if you have come to this you are now well aware of the various tips and tricks to keep your device from getting banned by Snapchat. Also, what to do when Snapchat banned your phone? That is, why and how to reverse the ban? So, now that you know it all I can rest my case now. And thus, rest assured that I have done my job to the best of my ability. But, if you’ve still got any confusion or questions about this topic, feel free to reach out to me in the comments section and I will readily try to help. On that note, until the next time, see ya!! Goodbye!!