As all fellow readers may know, MOBI is basically a Mobipocket file for eBooks. Their usage is to contain readable documents in digital form. We are going to deal with the question ‘How to Open MOBI Files on Android?’ Let’s discuss some characteristics of MOBI files before proceeding:
- Firstly, these files are easily downloaded and read even with a low internet connection.
- Secondly, It is one such format that is able to store complex data such as high-degree compression and index support.
However, in order to utilize such features of MOBI, you should have an app that will open these files. So, we will give you a list of apps that will help in solving the question ‘How to Open MOBI Files on Android?’.
How to Open MOBI Files on Android?
Everyone whether a reader or not is aware of Amazon’s Kindle. It is the most famous app that people prefer for reading novels, magazines, and other documents. In addition to a wide range of books available on this app, you can add your collection to its library and read it too. Its characteristics also include:
- Firstly, you have the option of syncing because of which you can read on various devices without any interruptions.
- Secondly, it provides you with a free trial of the first chapter. It means that before investing in a book you can read it and know whether it’s worth it or not.
- Thirdly, in addition to MOBI, it supports a wide range of formats. For example, TXT, RTF, PDF, DOCX, DOC, PRC, etc.
- Lastly, it enhances your reading experience with features like font size, brightness, background color, bookmarks, etc.
You can open MOBI files on Android on Kindle by following the steps given below:
- Firstly, you have to install the app by using the Kindle link or go to Play Store and search for it.
- Secondly, go to the Download folder available in the File Manager icon of your smartphone.
- Now you have to choose the MOBI that you want to open in the app. For example, in the image below you can see it is a book by Haruki Murakami.
- You have to select the Move option now. The location of the option will vary according to the model of your smartphone.
- Click on the first option of Internal storage as you can see in the image below.
- You have to select Android among the various options available in the list.
- Now click on the option of data.
- You have to search a folder called com.amazon.kindle and click on it.
- Now navigate to the folder of files.
- You can easily paste the file by clicking on the Paste option available below.
- As you can see the MOBI file will now appear in the Kindle folder.
- You have to go to the Kindle app now and open it. Under the option From Your Library, you can find that MOBI file.
- Lastly, you can read it as per your wish just by clicking it to open it.
Cool Reader App
Now let’s move on to another app that is not so popular but does it work very well. We will discuss this eBook app now with respect to the ‘How to Open MOBI Files on Android?’ question. The characteristics of the Cool Reader App are as follows:
- Firstly, it aids the feature of text-to-speech (TTS).
- Like Kindle, it can also support various file formats like HTML, DOC, TXT, RTF, MOBI, etc.
- It has the option of reformatting where it can do so to TXT files.
Let’s discuss how you can open MOBI files on Android via the Cool Reader App:
- As usual, start by installing the Cool Reader app on your smartphone from Google Play Store.
- After installation finishes, open the app and click on ALLOW so that it can access your files and documents.
- You have to click on the SD option that you can see under the section of Browse file system.
- Now you have to select the Download option for opening that folder.
- Lastly, go down on the screen and choose the MOBI file you have to open on the app. It will open when you click on it.
Now you have got the answer to ‘How to Open MOBI Files on Android?’ with the help of this blog. We have given you two apps that will help you in doing so, you can choose your pick among them. The steps can be followed easily so keep reading!