In this blog, we will discuss the topic of green vs blue text android. In simple terms, green messages are texts whereas blue messages are chats. You can differentiate between these two because you require an internet connection to use chat messages (blue). While there is no requirement for the green one. In brief, we have given you the information on green vs blue text android. So, let’s discuss this topic in detail with some related questions.
Also Read: Facebook message sent but not delivered
Green vs blue text Android and iPhone
As we all know that every kind of smartphone (iPhone, Android, etc.) has its own way of using messages. As we have already mentioned the meaning of green vs blue text Android, now let’s discuss iPhone. Apple uses iMessage which is created to send texts over the internet, categorically between devices of Apple. So, Green text means SMS whereas Blue texts are iMessage.
Meaning of blue text in Samsung
In Samsung, advanced messaging appears with a blue bubble. So, when you receive a blue text, it means that the communication was sent by Advanced Messaging. Another color is teal which specifies a text or MMS (Multimedia Message Service).
This messaging app in Samsung will search your contact list and then connect it to the carrier database of your smartphone. This connection will recognize the number of contacts who are using RCS-capable phones and its network infrastructure. It will also recognize the ones who are not using such phones.
When you are using a blue dot, it will inform the recipients of the text message that they are qualified for sending and receiving texts in chat mode.
Meaning and workings of Advanced Messaging
You can call Advanced Messaging the next generation of messaging services. It has already started working in the United States. You can use this service via the Bell LTE network and also while traveling. This is a step further that expands the potentiality of basic text messages (SMS) and MMS. It does that by assimilating a variety of new functions that are as follows:
- Firstly, You can send messages of up to 8000 characters.
- Secondly, high-resolution images and other files (e.g. ZIP, PDF, XLS, etc.) will be able to transfer easily.
- Now you can make a group chat with up to 100 people.
- The delivery functions have been improved a lot. You will be able to see if the message has been delivered and viewed. Additionally, You can also see if the other party is typing.
- There will be a single conversation history from all SMS, MMS, etc. of a single contact.
- Lastly, we advise you to look into Google messages if you have a Samsung handset from 2021 or after. Also, if you have any other Android device that has OS 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher.
Related Questions on Green vs blue text Android
1. What causes the change from blue to green text on Android?
There is a reason that you are receiving green vs blue text android. This may be because the person on the other end is using an Apple device. Then, you will see a blue text bubble appear on their screen. On the other hand, you will see a green text bubble in the case of an Android user.
2. How can you change the colour of the chat bubble on Samsung?
You can do so by visiting Apps > Settings > Wallpapers & Themes. When you do this, you will be able to change many other aspects apart from the colour of the chat bubble.
In this blog of green vs blue text android, we hope that all your confusion was resolved. We have answered all the questions regarding the topic as well as some others relating to it. Thank you!