So, you have been using your Samsung Galaxy devices or maybe another Samsung device and you see a error message popping up. It says, “Unfortunately, com.samsung.ip service has stopped”. Worry not! I have got you covered here. In this post, we will be discussing how to fix this com.samsung.ipservice has stopped issue on your Samsung devices. Along the way, we will look at the various reasons why this problem occurs and many other facets of the topic. So, let’s get started with the topic right away.
What are smartphone errors?
Sometimes we see errors on our screen like “Error 123 your device your device is missing some files can not be updated”. Why do we see them? We see this kind of errors on our screen, it means that our device has a function problem. Sometimes it occurs due to a computer virus or when we accidentally delete some files that are important for the functioning of OS.
You can see a good example of this type of error when you use the internet in any browser like Chrome, Firefox, etc. You will see an error like say, Android Update Error 7, “Error 404 items not found”, “Error132 something went wrong”, “Error You are not authorised to visit this website”, Error 504, etc.
What is IP Service?
Nowadays, smartphones come with many different in-built/pre-installed apps. These apps help users perform various convenience tasks on their phones.
Likewise, IPService is also one such app. IP services are any services or goods that provide (or include) Internet services, such as hosting services (data/content hosting, server hosting, and/or email services) any services that provide access to the Internet, or any products that use Internet protocols.
Most Samsung phones use this internet protocol service.
The com.samsung.ipservice –>
The name makes it clear that this app is a kind of service that uses IP protocols and is related to Samsung phones. It is a system app, that is used to manage all IP-related services on your phone. Say, for example any communication services that use the Internet Protocol (IP) for their delivery, such as hosted IP voice services, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
Can you uninstall IP Service?
Just like many other system applications, such as MDE Service Framework and Slocation, you cannot uninstall Ipservice from your phone. But, as usual their is a an unofficial way to do so, be rooting your device. Not only that, your device does actually provide options to disable the IP Service.
To disable your IP Service app:
- Open your device Settings app.
- Go to “Apps.
- Thereafter, tap on “System Apps” > “IP Service” > “Disable”.
- That’s it! Now, enjoy 🙂
How to fix IP Service errors on your devices
Clear App Cache and Data
Generally your device stores cache data to make the apps work smooth and fine all the time. Over time, these files accumulate and sometimes go corrupt. Due to which, the apps may malfunction, and thus crash. In such cases, you shall clear the app cache data. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Tap on the ellipsis icon > “Show System Apps”.
- Now tap on com.samsung.ipservice then tap on Force Stop.
- Thereafter, attend the storage option and Clear App Cache and Data.
Clear up your Device Memory
An application needs enough memory to work properly. If the app does not launch properly or keeps crashing, you should take a closer look at your Android device’s internal memory. You may need to free up some memory. So, do this:
- Launch your Device Settings.
- Then, tap on “Battery and Storage” options.
- Proceed to tap on “Memory” to get a detailed overview of your device’s internal memory.
- Thereafter, delete unnecessary files to make space for running apps.
- That’s it! Now check if the issue resolves.
Perform Factory Data/Reset –>
To perform Factory Data or Factory reset on your deice:
- First up, turn off your device.
- Thereafter, press and hold the Home+Power+Volume up buttons.
- Next, release the power button as soon as you see the logo, but hold down the Home and Volume Up buttons.
- Use the Volume Down button to navigate and highlight Erase Data / Factory Reset.
- Now use the power button to select the option.
- You will need to select “Yes” when prompted for the next menu.
- Now wait for the process to complete.
- Once it is complete, highlight “Restart System” and press the power button to select the option.
- That’s it! Enjoy 🙂
- Open your device Settings app.
- Go to “Backup and Reset“.
- Tap on “Factory Data Reset” > “Reset Device”
- Now enter your password or pattern to continue.
- Tap on erase all.
- Hurray! Enjoy 🙂
WRAPPING UP!! –>
Through this article you are now aware about what IP Service or to be precise com.samsung.ipservice is. Also, you are now aware of the various reasons this error issue pops up and also how to fix these issues, once and for all. Though this IP service is a system app it may become annoying when starting to cause your errors. But, worry not! Now you have a guide to resolve your issues. On that note, if you still have any questions, feel free to reach out in the comments section. With that, until the next time, see ya!! Goodbye!!