Snapchat is an extremely secure social media platform, so much so that you will be locked out of your account if certain measures are not taken in time. The reason for this is that the application contains users’ private information. If the company does not take proper measures, there is a risk that your account information will be stolen by hackers and data thieves. So, in order to keep you safe Snapchat has sometime back, introduced a 2FA feature that but in certain situations you may want to bypass that step. So, I am writing this post, to make you aware about how to bypass Snapchat verification code.
Is it possible to bypass the Snapchat verification code? –>
When you enable two-factor authentication on Snapchat, you allow the app to send you a verification code every time you sign in to confirm that it’s really you. If you disable this feature, anyone can easily gain access to your account since they do not have to prove their identity.
But what if you forget your email password or lose your phone? How will you get the code in such situations? Fortunately, Snapchat also provides you with a recovery code when you turn on two-factor authentication for your account for the first time. The main reason for creating this code is so that you can use it if you do not receive the verification code.
So, you need to keep this recovery code in a safe place by writing it down, saving it in a document, etc. Otherwise, it will be quite a big task to bypass the Snapchat verification code.
Your camera roll isn’t backed up? Here’s what to do now!! –>
How to bypass Snapchat Verification Code? –>
Obviously, you know about it that, in recent times, Snapchat introduced a two-factor authentication system that generates a recovery code when you activate it for the first time. You should keep this recovery code in a safe place if you want to access your account from another device later.
After you enable two-factor authentication, you will receive a verification code via verified email or text message every time you try to log in to your account. But what if you want to bypass the Snapchat verification code because you no longer have the same phone number or you forgot your email password? So, let’s see the way out in the subsequent sections.
Here’s what you can do in case Snapchat says, “We could not find matching credentials”!! –>
Disable 2FA –>
Snapchat does not offer a way to bypass the verification code by tricking the software. However, you can disable the feature in your account settings if you no longer want to verify your identity every time you sign in. Here’s how you can do so:
- Open Snapchat.
- Log in to your account.
- Thereafter, tap the Bitmoji icon > “Settings” icon.
- Next, tap the “Two-Factor Authentication” option under the “My Account” tab
- Disable the 2FA method by turning off the toggle.
- Finally, tap “Okay” to confirm.
- That’s it! Now, you can directly access with the 2FA hassles, next time when you sign in again 🙂
Want to get your Snapchat History log? Go through this well-curated guide!! –>
Use Recovery Code
Recovery codes are sort of an alternative to the 2FA, in cases when you have cannot process the verification code.Here’s what you need to do to use your recovery code:
- Launch the Snapchat application, right away.
- Then, enter your valid credentials and log in to your account.
- Now, enter your recovery code when prompted.
- That’s it! You have successfully accessed your Snapchat account again 🙂
Note: The two-factor authentication is automatically disabled when you sign in to Snapchat with a recovery code.
Forget a connected device –>
Remember that, if you lose your Snapchat-linked phone, your account is at risk, even if it’s signed out. This is because the person who now has your device will get the verification code. For this reason, you need to unlink that device to protect your privacy. This process is also important if you want to switch to a new phone. So, here’s exactly what you need to do:
- Launch the Snapchat app.
- Thereafter, tap the Bitmoji icon > “Settings” (gear) icon.
- Now, proceed to the “Two-factor authentication” option under the “My account” tab.
- Now, tap on “X” to unlink the device associated to your account.
- Finally, tap on “Yes” to confirm the step.
- That’s it! Now, you can sign in to your Snapchat account from any phone without needing the confirmation code.
Here’s figuring out your Best Friends List order!!–>
Contact Snapchat support Team — The Ulitmate Option Left –>
If you want to bypass the Snapchat verification code because you don’t have it or don’t remember the recovery code, there’s no other option left. Snapchat unfortunately doesn’t offer any other way to recover your account.
But that doesn’t mean it’s impossible to ever access your account again. Your last resort in such a case is to contact Snapchat support and ask the team for help. They are very helpful and will surely help you restore your account.
Miscellaneous Tricks —- Generating a recovery code –>
To generate a recovery code, that you have forgotten/lost, you will need to be still logged into your account. And, thereafter:
- Tap the Bitmoji icon > “Settings” icon.
- Now, sroll down to the “Two-factor authentication” option under the “My Account” tab.
- Next, go to “Recovery Code” > “Generate Code”
- Thereafter, enter your account password to confirm your identity when prompted.
- Lastly, do keep the recovery code in a safe and accessible place.
- That’s it! Enjoy 🙂
Here’s a quality read on what SFS means on Snapchat !! –>
WRAPPING UP!! –>
I hope that if you have come to this you are now well aware of the various tips and tricks and the various methods that you can employ to achieve your task of bypassing the verification code. So, now that you know it all I can rest my case now. And thus, rest assured that I have done my job to the best of my ability. If you’ve any confusion or questions about this topic, feel free to reach out to me in the comments section and I will readily try to help. On that note, until the next time, see ya!! Goodbye!!