I get it, you have come here with the question that why Venmo won’t let me Add Bank Account. Worry not! Your question is my command and you will get your destined answers in a short while. Be patient and join me in this journey, as I unravel the mystery behind this. So, let’s start right away!
Venmo won’t let me Add Bank Account — Reasons
Actually, there can be a multitude of reasons why you can not link/add your bank account to Venmo. It may be that, you are using incorrect credentials, maybe you are using a shared Bank account, or it may even be that Venmo or the Bank’s servers are down. And, there are still many more reasons. Let us see them in greater detail:
You are using incorrect credentials
If you are using incorrect credentials, try to carefully enter the correct details like the correct account number, the correct name (even the dots and spaces), and any other detail that is required.
Now, if you are using the instant verification method to add your bank account, make sure you use the correct username and password to log in to your bank’s internet banking.
Too many unsuccessful attempts
If you keep entering the wrong information when linking your bank account, online internet banking may temporarily freeze. Thus, you will not be able to log in or add the bank to Venmo.
So, instead of entering wrong data or guessing passwords several times, it’s better to reset your password using the “Forgot password” option.
Maybe you are using, an already linked Bank account
Note, if your bank account is already linked to a Venmo account, you may not be able to link your bank account to another Venmo account. So, do verify that this is not the case with you. If it is so, either use the Venmo account that already has the Bank account linked. Or, de-link your Bank account from that Venmo account and try linking it to your new Venmo account again.
Venmo/Bank servers are down
If you can not use the Venmo app properly or are experiencing issues linking your bank account, then Venmo/Bank servers may be down at the moment. You can verify if this is the case or not, by going to the Down Detector website.
- Open your browser.
- Search for the down detector site.
- Thereafter, put a query like “Is Venmo down” and you will be able to the status in your region.
- If indeed there is a server outage in your region, all you can do is wait till the issue resolves and is back up and running.
How to add/link a Bank account to Venmo?
In order to, add or link your Bank account to the Venmo account here are a few steps that you need to follow:
- Open the Venmo app.
- Then, tap on the three dots button.
- Thereafter, go to “Settings” > “Payment Methods” > “Add Bank or Card” > “Bank”
- Next, choose the correct details and verify.
- You can use either the Instant verification method or the Manual verification method to verify and confirm your action.
Note: Manual verification process can take your whole day’s time.
Venmo won’t let me Add Bank Account — Possible Fixes –>
Now, that you know the reasons for your trouble and you are also sure that you have been following the correct methodology all through, then you can opt for the possible fixes mentioned down here in this section, to resolve your issues. So, let’s see them one by one.
Clear Venmo App Cache
If your Venmo app is not working, the problem is probably due to corrupted cache data. The cache memory temporarily stores some data to make the app run faster and work efficiently. So, if your Venmo application is behaving badly, clearing the cache data can help fix the problem.
- Launch the Settings app, then, tap Apps & Notifications.
- Now, select View all Apps > “App info”, “Manage apps” or “View all apps”.
- After viewing the list of apps on your phone, find Venmo and open it.
- On the Venmo app information page, tap Memory & Cache.
- Finally, click Clear Cache to clear the cached data.
- Now, press the back button once and tap the Force stop button to close the Venmo app.
- After that, restart the Venmo app to see if that fixes the problem or try another of the solutions listed below.
You may also not be able to enjoy or use the functionalities of the Venmo application if you are using an outdated version of the app. Just like other apps on the Google Play Store and the iOS App Store, Venmo usually releases updates to fix bugs and introduce new features. So, if your Venmo is not working properly, it could be a bug that was fixed with the latest update.
- Launch Google Play Store(Android) or the App Store(iOS) on your device and search for “Venmo”.
- If there is an available update for the Venmo application, you will see the update option activated.
- So, just tap on it to update your Venmo application to its latest version.
- After installing the update, launch Venmo to see if it fixes the problem.
If other apps on your phone are working fine but Venmo is just not working, it means there is something wrong in its installation or it is dis-configured. In such cases, you may try reinstalling the Venmo application. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Google Play Store(Android) and/or App Store(iOS).
- Search for Venmo.
- On the subsequent app page, you’ll find options to launch, uninstall, or update the app.
- Tap Uninstall to delete the Venmo application from your device.
- Now, after some time, tap the Install button to re-install the Venmo application.
- Thereafter, just launch it and sign in to your account.
- That’s it! Hopefully, all will work fine again 🙂
Restarting your phone
If clearing the cache or even reinstalling the Venmo application, does not work out. Then, it’s time to restart your phone. Perhaps the problem was caused by a software bug, or the CPU is too full. Restarting your phone will kill all running processes and refresh the memory. In most cases, this takes less than 2 minutes to complete. So, here you go:
- Press and hold the power button until you see the power prompts.
- From the menu, tap on Restart.
- Note, that you can also force restart by holding down the power button for about 10 seconds on most devices.
- After rebooting, try using Venmo again.
Get in touch with the Venmo Support team
If you have tried everything and still can not get your bank account linked to Venmo, the next step is to contact Venmo Support. They will be able to better understand your problem and help you accordingly.
- You can either contact them by calling them at (855) 812-4430 (M-F, 10 am-6 pm ET).
- Or, you can contact them via their Twitter handle.
- You can open the Venmo application.
- Thereafter, you go to Menu.
- Next, tap on “Get Help” and proceed to Contact us and next to, Chat with us.
- That’s it! Now, raise your queries and relax calmly.
- Your issue will be resolved in a matter of a week’s time.
Contact your Bank
If you still can not add your bank account to your Venmo account and Venmo support has also raised their hands, then the last option is to contact your bank. You can call your bank or visit the nearest branch to find out what the problem is with your bank account.
WRAPPING UP!! –>
By now, you are acquainted with the various reasons that may be the cause behind Venmo not letting you link/add your Bank account. There may be numerous reasons for that but equally likely you now have a solution for each of the possible causes, just at your fingertips. So, what are you waiting for? Get your hands on a quick fix and resolve your issue, right away! On that note, until the next time, see ya!! Goodbye!! If you have any queries, do not hesitate to ask in the comments and I will readily try to answer them.