Do you want to find out about the Gas Stations that accept Venmo QR code? You have come to the right place. Imagine, you are on a long trip, now, when on it, you will require that there be fuel stations all around wherever you go, so that you do not encounter any adversity. Also, this pandemic has taught us the art of digital/contactless payment and how to avoid our cash, and credit/debit cards. On that note, there is this Venmo QR codes option that you can use to pay at those fuel stations. But, remember not all gas stations have started accepting the Venmo payment facility yet. So, you will need to find out which gas stations are currently accepting this payment mode before you go for this payment option, isn’t it? On that note, let’s embark on this journey right away to find out the same!
Gas Stations that accept Venmo QR Code
As pointed out above, you can pay for your fuel using the Venmo QR code scan payment facility but remember not all gas stations accept this option. So, let’s acquaint ourselves with the ones that have begun accepting this payment mode.
The gas stations that are currently accepting the Venmo QR Code payments are:
Note: It’s not that they are accepting the Venmo QR code in specific, actually, as it is with the digital QR code payment system, just scanning the QR code with any of the code scanning applications say even Google Pay/Apple Pay too.
How to use the Venmo QR Code?
To view and use your Venmo QR code for payment at the QR store, you need to:
- First, launch the Venmo application.
- Thereafter, look for the “Show to Pay” option.
- Now, scan the QR code and tap on “Pay”.
- That’s it! The payment amount will be deducted from your default payment method on Venmo.
Why no Venmo QR Code facility as Gas Stations?
See, in order for a gas station to display a Venmo QR code that you can scan when paying, they must contact a point of sale provider. Not a complicated process but who will take interest in so much integration? So, rather than following the above process, the gas stations have begun developing their own dedicated payment apps. Why? To get ahead of the competition and also to promote the digital growth of the community. So, it may also be that you want to pay at the gas station and may need to have their specific gas station payment portal installed on your device.
Thereafter, follow the steps given below to make a successful payment. Note, here we will be taking the example of say the Exxon Payment application. Now, here you go:
- First and foremost, you will need to download and install the Exxon-Mobil Payment application from the Google Play Store(Android) or the Apple Store(iOS).
- Thereafter, set up your account following the due procedure as laid out in the instructions.
- Now, look for the option to link a payment method and add your Venmo card or wallet or whatsoever payment facilitator you would like to use.
- Next, when at the gas station to pay for your fuel, look for a payment QR code.
- Thereafter, access your Exxon-Mobil payment app and tap on the scanner there.
- Scan the QR Code and when you get redirected to the payment facilitator’s page, enter your password and/or pin/fingerprint to confirm the payment.
- That’s it! You have successfully made your first payment using the Venmo QR codes. Hurray! 🙂
Note: As mentioned above you will need to set up the payment facilitator by entering your card details and/or wallet details.
Any other way out there to pay with Venmo at gas stations?
Actually, there are multiple ways you can pay with Venmo at a gas station. Either use your Venmo Card or use your Venmo Wallet. Remember, you can also use Google Pay or Apple Pay too.
Paying using a Venmo Card –>
You can use your Venmo card directly at a gas station to pay with Venmo. Here’s what you need to do:
- Once you have filled up your car, go to the gas station store.
- As the cashier for the swipe machine and swipe your Venmo card.
- Remember you can use your Venmo debit card at any store to pay because it is considered the equivalent of a Mastercard.
- The same is true for the Venmo Signature credit card. Anywhere Visa credit card is accepted, you can use your Venmo credit card.
- That’s it! You have successfully paid at the gas station using your Venmo cards.
Paying using Google Pay and your Venmo Card –>
You must link your Venmo debit/credit card to your Google Pay account. Then, when you go to a gas station:
- Launch the Google Pay app.
- Tap “Scan any QR” and scan the QR code by hovering over it.
- Thereafter, on the payment page, enter the fuel amount and tap on “Pay”.
- Next, enter your authentication pin/password.
- And you are done!
- Hurray! 🙂
Similar to the above method you can also use the Apple Pay facility, but as of now, Apple Pay is still not accepting the Venmo payment facility.
What’s the use of a dedicated payment app by the Gas Station?
- -> First and foremost, this is a marketing gimmick and also popularity gaining because these apps encourage the users to pay with them by offering reward points and also discounts, and many other offers.
- -> Secondly, if more and more customers join their app through rewards and discounts, it increases the usage of their app. And when an app does well, it’s always good for business and some passive income.
- -> Thirdly, it eliminated the chances of the gas stations’ money going to the middlemen, as they would have been paying the third party whose services they would be availing for the payment facility. So, why not keep the money to ourselves is their motto.
- -> Also, the gas stations want to build a company-customer relationship and want to provide a dedicated, unique experience thus raising the market hotness. It is a marketing gimmick but a great customer-company relationship-building initiative.
- -> You also have the option to get in-depth details about the gas pumps’ location, the number of fill-ups you had in a month, and similar other details too.
WRAPPING UP!! –>
As I end this post, I will tell you that the Venmo QR Code initiative is a great initiative and also has tremendous potential. You can use the Venmo payment facility anywhere, anytime, and with a great degree of ease. This article provides you with all the details you need regarding using the Venmo payment system to pay at any store and not only the gas store. So, as we near the end, lastly I would like to ask you to pounce on this initiative and avail great discounts and offers along with a dedicated and amazing experience while on it. With that, until the next time, see ya!! Goodbye!!