Are you worried and wondering does Zelle show your name when you send money? Do not worry, as your are not alone. This is not uncommon at all because most users wonder and ponder over the same question as you. Hence, I decided to write a post on this topic to unravel the mystery shrouding this question. So, without much ado any further, let’s start with the topic right away! Be patient and accompany me on this wonderful, entertaining and knowledge-providing journey 🙂
Zelle —- What is it? — A Brief Overview –>
You all already know about Zelle, if you have been through my previous articles on Zelle. But, to all new users let me reiterate what Zelle is and the pros and cons of using Zelle for your transactions:
- Zelle is a free peer-to-peer payment app that allows users to send money from their bank account to any person easily, quickly and securely.
- Zelle transfers directly from one bank account to another without even the account number. And, best of all, you can do all of this in a matter of minutes, if not seconds. The exact opposite of transactions
- Zelle transactions are usually processed within a few minutes. However, if you send money to someone who is not registered with Zelle, the transaction may take 1-3 days.
- Free to use.
- Offers fast and secure transactions
- There are no reception restrictions
- It also integrates with other banking apps
- Also, you do not need to know the recipient’s banking details
- Limited or minimal protection against fraud.
- Supports only US bank accounts.
- You cannot transfer money from a credit card
- There are certain payment limits
- Also, you may not be able to cancel certain payments
Does Zelle show your Name when you Send Money?
First up, let me provide you with the answer in short and then I will proceed to detail it. So, coming back to the answer, you will be highly surprised that Zelle does show your name when you send money. So, the answer to this question is a resounding “YES“.
Unlike many other platforms, Zelle is less interested in your username. You do not even need to have one to continue with all payments and similar things. Still, you can play around with your profile information and make the username changes you want.
Want to change your name on Zelle?
To change your name on Zelle, here’s what you need to do:
- Launch the Zelle app.
- Thereafter, sign in to your account.
- Next, go to “Settings” > “My Info”.
- Now, proceed to update your details(your name in this case).
- Thereafter, confirm the updation and that’s it!
- Hurray! You have successfully changed your name on Zelle.
Note: Not only your username, but you can change any other details, if you deem it necessary like updating/changing your card details, email address, etc. to name a few.
How to Send Money on Zelle? –>
You will be knowing this process but still if you are new to Zelle and do not how to send money to someone on Zelle, let me make you aware of the steps involved. Here you go then:
- First up, launch the Zelle app.
- Thereafter, sign in to your Zelle account.
- Thereafter, search and choose the user you want to send money to.
- Next, enter the amount that you would like to send to that person.
- Now, confirm the details of your transaction.
- That’s it!
- Hurray! You have successfully made your first payment using Zelle 🙂
- You can confirm this in a matter of seconds after your transaction is complete.
Note: You will need to own an email address or a U.S phone number in order to send money to your contacts.
Is there any transfer limit on Zelle? –>
Before you transfer money, you should know the ceiling of the amount of money you can send. First up, if your credit union or bank offers Zelle, then, get in touch with them directly to learn more about Zelle’s sending limitss
Otherwise, if it’s not the case, then remember that your weekly sending limit is $500.
My Profile is Locked! What do I do now? –>
If you’ve not used your cell profile for a long time, there’s a possibility that it’ll be locked. This can also happen for other reasons, such as security breaches. But, worry not here’s a solution.
In this case, you can only log in to Zelle again. You don’t have to start from scratch, i.e. you don’t have to use a different email address, phone number or username. You just need to click on the “Profile has been locked” message and then select the “Re-login” option.
Zelle will send you an SMS with a unique password that you can use to verify your account. If this is done in your mobile banking app, you’ll need to contact the bank directly for further instructions.
WRAPPING UP!! –>
By now, I can vouch that you have got the answers to your question, does Zelle show your name when you send money to someone? You have also come to know about, how you update your Zelle details including your name. You have also learned how to send money on Zelle and also about the Zelle money limits. So, by now you are clear on all aspects regarding your Zelle transactions, thus, I can rest my case now. With that, until the next time, see ya!! Goodbye!!