You are posting a video on TikTok and it doesn’t post, or you get error messages. So, you begin wondering why won’t my TikTok post? There could be several reasons for this issue. We will look into the issues and also the solutions one by one and find our way out of this problem.
TikTok has been one of the most used social media platforms for business and entertainment in recent years. After merging with Musical.ly, the app has become one of the leading social media apps. In addition to entertaining content, TikTok users have found a way to make money from their accounts through social media marketing.
Hence, if you are also a content creator, it’s important to post your content regularly. But, as it seems, at times, you may experience problems posting videos to your accounts. This can be a bane to a great extent. Also, if you can’t upload videos for a long time because of this problem, you may lose your customers and followers.
Why won’t my TikTok post? ~~>
There are various methods to resolve and fix this issue. So, let’s look at some of the methods one by one.
Check the TikTok server ~~> ~~>
One of the most common reasons why you are not able to post on TikTok is due to a problem with the servers. So, in order to check if there is a problem with TikTok, you can use third-party tools like Downdetector to view the current status of the platform.
Thus, if TikTok is not working, you can only wait for the TikTok team to fix the issue. Proceed with the following solution to fix the problem on your end if everything is fine with TikTok.
Restart your TikTok application ~~> ~~>
It may also be at times that TikTok may be experiencing a temporary error that has caused some features, such as the post/upload option, to stop working. So, to resolve this issue, restart your TikTok application.
- On most modern iOS and Android devices, you can restart TikTok using the app switcher.
- Swipe up your screen.
- Next, look for TikTok in the list and swipe it up.
- After that, go to your home screen and launch TikTok again from there.
- If you are using an older iOS device, you can access the app switcher by tapping the Home button twice.
Restart your Device ~~> ~~>
If you are still not able to post your videos on TikTok, you can try restarting your device. Maybe your device is experiencing lag issues or a temporary technical glitch, causing the upload to fail. Here’s what you need to do:
- Access Assistive Touch (iOS) -> Device -> More -> Restart
- Or, tap and hold the power button (Android) -> Restart
- Thereafter, you need to wait for some time for the process to complete.
- Finally, when it’s done you can try posting your videos again.
Check your network connectivity ~~> ~~>
Again, it may be that your network is unstable or slow and hence you are unable to post your videos. To confirm this, run a test with fast.com to measure the current upload and download bandwidth of your connection.
You may also try restarting your router or modem if your connection is slow to restore the connection between your router and your service provider’s servers. After that, run another test to see if the problem is fixed. If it is not, contact your ISP and ask them to improve their service.
Check if your video does not violate TikTok’s policy ~~> ~~>
Another reason why your video is not uploading is that it may have objectionable content. Therefore, you need to make it clear that your videos do not violate TikTok’s policies. So, if there is an inadvertent error or offensive video. Then, try working out the video and make sure it does not incite hate speech against others before posting it.
Use mobile data ~~> ~~>
Try using your device data to browse TikTok and post videos. However, keep in mind that watching online videos requires a lot of bandwidth and could use up your monthly data allowance. This solution also works sometimes.
Update your application ~~> ~~>
You can also try updating TikTok if you are unable to post any videos. The version you are using may have a bug or glitch that is causing the issue with this feature.
- Open Play Store.
- Next, tap on Manage Apps & Device.
- Then, go to the “Available Updates” and look for TikTok.
- Thereafter, click on the Update button to start updating the app.
- After the update, return to TikTok and check if the comment section is working now.
- Open App Store.
- Go to Profile and look for TikTok.
- Finally, tap the Update button next to TikTok to install the latest version.
Clear cache data ~~> ~~>
- Open TikTok and go to your profile.
- Then, tap on Options -> Go to the “Cache & Mobile Data” tab.
- Then, tap on Free up storage space.
- Finally, click on the Clear button under the Cache tab to start the process.
- Thereafter, return to your page and see if you are now able to upload the video on TikTok.
Reinstall the application ~~> ~~>
You may also try re-installing Tiktok if even clearing the cache data is not working. So, here’s what you got to do:
- Open your TikTok application.
- Then, press the TikTok icon until you see the options menu.
- Finally, click the Remove App (iOS) or Uninstall (Android) button to delete TikTok.
- After you remove TikTok, visit the Play Store or App Store on your device and re-install the app from there.
Turn off VPN ~~> ~~>
A stable connection is crucial if you’re uploading content online. So, if you use any VPN services, you will be better off by disabling them before posting anything on TikTok. Because it may be that your VPN is causing delays and instability in your network connection.
Notwithstanding that, if you still want to continue using VPN, you may try out NordVPN or PureVPN, which provide way-better stability than their peers.
Check privacy settings ~~> ~~>
All the content creators and influencers on TikTok should check your privacy settings if you are not able to upload your videos. To check for privacy settings :
- Open TikTok.
- Then, tap on the Options tab -> “Privacy”
- Thereafter, under Security, look for the relevant option.
Check if your account is shadow-banned ~~> ~~>
Check if you do not violate any community guidelines. If so then the TikTok algorithms work with getting suspicious accounts out. Thus, generally, whenever you spam, promote hate content, or post anything offensive or obscene. When you are shadowbanned then, you can’t do simple things like commenting, liking, or uploading any videos/pictures. Hence, the name shadow-ban. To help you out, here’s what you’ve got to do:
- You need to remove obscene content from your profile.
- Give some time to yourself and rest and keep calm.
- Also, do not try to comment during the ban period.
Contact TikTok Help Centre ~~> ~~>
Note that if none of the methods given above are working for you, then, the only way out for you is contacting the TikTok Help Centre for assistance. This is the ultimate step and if there is any chance that the problem can resolve, then this method will surely help you out.
WRAPPING UP !! ~~> ~~>
To wrap it up, in this post, you have seen quite a few methods that will help you to resolve the issue and answer your questions on why won’t my TikTok post. The methods given in this guide are quite easy to follow and practice and will surely save the day for you. Do put out your thoughts and views in the comments section and mention which method you have liked the most. On that note, until next time, see ya !! Goodbye !! ~~> ~~>
:: ~~> ~~> :: ** :::::: ** :: )) ** :: ** (( ~~> ~~>