Most smartphones have a graphical representation of battery life displayed somewhere on the screen. While there are differences in the type of display, most show either a numerical value for the current battery level or a graph with a rough estimate of the current charge level. This is also true for different iPhone models, meaning users may experience different displays. This depends on the version of the iPhone model and the user’s preferences. But sometimes, that may not be the case at times. On that note, in this post, we will discuss how to show battery percentage on iPhone XR and other iPhone models.
How to Show Battery Percentage iPhone XR?
Let’s say you have upgraded from the older iPhone models to the latest models like iPhone XR. Now, you find certain noticeable and subtle redesigns, especially when it comes to the screen. Though, these changes come with trade-offs. For example, less space for the upper status thus an even lesser space for your battery percentages. So, on that note, let’s see some tips on how to show battery percentage on iPhone XR and other latest models.
Use Control Centre ~~>
All iPhone X models have a visual representation of the battery in the upper right corner of the screen, although they do not show the percentage of charge remaining. If you have earlier iPhone versions, you can usually toggle the battery percentage option. To do so:
- Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Percentage.
- That’s it! 🙂
For newer iPhone X series Users:
- Access the Control Centre by swiping down from the top right of the iPhone screen.
- Then, simply swipe down to see the percentage remaining and quickly swipe back up.
- Using the control centre is currently the easiest way to see the battery percentage.
- That’s it!
Add a Widget to your Locked Screen ~~>
Another easy way to display the iPhone battery percentage is to show it on the device’s lock screen. To add a battery indicator widget to your iPhone’s lock screen, do the following:
- Swipe to the right on your home screen.
- Thereafter, scroll down to find the “Edit” button and tap it.
- Next, on the “Add Widgets” screen, go to “More Widgets” > “Batteries”
- The battery widget will now appear when you swipe right from your home or lock screen. 🙂
Note: There are additional battery level indicators for peripherals like AirPods and Apple Watch when they are connected to the iPhone.
Connect your Charger ~~>
To apply this method:
- Connect your iPhone device to either a Lightning cable or a Qi-supported wireless charging pad.
- Thus, your device’s screen will light up after a few seconds and a battery icon will be displayed.
- This shows the charge level in percentage when the phone is on the lock screen.
- That’s it! 🙂
Ask Siri ~~>
You can also use Siri to find out the remaining charge level of your battery. So, here’s what you got to do:
- Your iPhone should be unlocked.
- Thereafter, ask Siri, “Hey, Siri, how much battery charge do I have left?”.
- Another way to activate Siri. Instead of saying “Hey Siri”, you can activate Siri by holding down the side button for about a second.
- The side button on the iPhone XR is located on the back of the phone.
Note: Siri can also tell you the charging status of your peripherals like the Apple Watch.
Create a Shortcut ~~>
Creating a shortcut to show the state of charge is the only way to create a notification that will stay on the screen until you delete it. It is easy to create and display the shortcut, and you can use it to control your energy consumption.
- You can create a shortcut that checks the charge level every time you startup.
- This will also offer you a power-saving mode when the charge is below a certain percentage.
- Open the Shortcuts App and tap on “Create new shortcut”.
- Thereafter, add the battery actions in the editor.
- That’s it! You can now run your shortcut to test the feature. 🙂
WRAPPING UP !! ~~> ~~>
In this post, I think I have done well enough to have given you ample solutions; to help you show battery percentages on your iPhone XR. All the methods above are literally very simple and even a beginner can easily follow them. So, try your hands on any of these quick fixes to fulfil your wish. If nothing works, you can try to contact the iPhone support team. Do mention which method you have liked the most. On that note, until the next time, see ya !! Goodbye !! ~~> ~~> ~~>
:: ~~> ~~> :: ** :::::: ** :: )) ** :: ** (( ~~> ~~>