There have been talks about Funimation, where users can find all the dubbed versions of anime, especially Japanese ones like Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece, etc., but also some other foreign entertainment series. Due to various issues, Funimation does not seem to work on Google Chrome. On that note, we will be discussing the issue of Funimation Unable to Play Video at this time!
So is it worth paying for? Does it provide adequate service for the payment made?
Users complain about grey screens, frequent freezes, and the fact that the subtitle language cannot be changed even if you have changed it. There are cases where subtitles change the entire context of a concept by misrepresenting the story. So, let’s talk about the various issues.
Why does Funimation not work with Chrome? ~~> ~>
In addition to Google Chrome, Funimation is also available on Android, iOS, Amazon Kindle, Apple TV, etc. These are all connected to either a dedicated device (like Kindle) or a streaming platform (like Apple TV), unlike Chrome, which is a web browser.
This makes Chrome even more user-friendly as it is easily accessible and cost-effective for people, as users do not need to own a specific device or streaming media player to view digital content.
About 67.56% of the population uses Google Chrome, so the fact that Funimation does not work on Chrome is a bit of a problem for users. One of the main problems when opening Funimation with Chrome is the message “Sorry, this content is not available in your country” or the message “Video playback error” displayed to the user.
Funimation playback issues can be caused by the file being obstructed if the computer program is written in a binary language, or the browser settings block playback. A server blackout can also lead to a poor connection with the platform, and the users who use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) can also experience login issues.
Another possible reason for Funimation not working on Chrome can be corrupted cookies or cache. Cookies and cache can be used to improve performance, but once they are corrupted, they can cause many problems while browsing. Even if some users were able to load the website, the videos stopped or all the audio/video controls were missing. So, how do you fix the issues? Let’s see right away!
Fix —> Funimation Unable to Play Video at this Time
Users who face this kind of issue while using Funimation in Chrome can try various tricks to fix the problem. So, let’s see these tricks one by one.
Disable Chrome Extensions ~~>
You may try disabling various Chrome extensions as the first method before proceeding to try out other methods. For this, you will need to:
- Open your Chrome browser.
- Then, click on the Menu (3-dots) button.
- Go to Settings > Extensions.
- Thereafter, select the various extensions and click on Remove and confirm the move again.
- This way you will be able to disable various chrome extensions. That’s it! ::)
Reinstall Google Chrome / Set up a new Profile ~~>
- Open the “RUN” box (Press Windows+R buttons).
- Thereafter, type in “appwiz.cpl” and press enter to open “Programs & Features”.
- Next, select Google Chrome > “Uninstall” > “Yes”.
- Thereafter, restart your system.
- Next, reinstall the browser again and see if all works fine.
Clear Cache and Cookies ~~>
- Open the Chrome browser and click on the Menu button.
- Now, go to More Tools > Clear Browsing Data
- Thereafter, select All times (for the time range) and select All categories.
- Next, click on the Clear Data button and restart Chrome.
- Thereafter, after restarting, check if Funimation is working properly::)
Update the Widevine content decryption module ~~>
The Widevine Content Decryption Module on Chrome allows you to play HTML5 audio and video. If you can not play videos in your browser, you should update the Widevine Content Decryption Module. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Chrome browser and type chrome://components/ in the URL bar.
- Then, find the ‘Widevine Content Decryption Module’ and click on the ‘Check for update’ option.
- That’s it!
Disable your VPN ~~>
If you are using a VPN to open Funimation and you are getting errors during play-back, disable it and try again. This is because your VPN connection may be slow or its IP address may be blocked by Funimation, causing problems loading the videos.
You may even try using a good alternative VPN like NordVPN or ExpressVPN in place of the one you are using currently. These VPNs are devoid of such issues.
Try another Network ~~>
ISPs use various techniques/protocols to protect their users and control web traffic. However, if a resource important for Funimation’s operation is blocked by your ISP, you may experience the present error. In this case, try a different network, let’s see how:
- First of all, quit Chrome and make sure that there is no related process running in your system’s task manager.
- Thereafter, disconnect your system from the current network and then connect to another network (maybe your cell phone’s hotspot).
- Finally, launch Chrome and check if Funimation is working properly now.
- That’s it! If it works out then, all good 🙂
WRAPPING UP !! ~~> ~~>
In this post, I think I have done well enough to have given you ample solutions; to fix the issue of Funimation unable to play the video at this time. All the methods above are literally very simple and even a beginner can easily follow them. So, try your hands on any of these quick fixes to fulfill your wish. You can also put out your thoughts and views in the comments section. Do mention which method you have liked the most. On that note, until the next time, see ya !! Goodbye !! ~~> ~~> ~~>
:: ~~> ~~> :: ** :::::: ** :: )) ** :: ** (( ~~> ~~>