Apple is known well-over for the sexy new features it introduces with each new iPhone model, but design flaws like the tiny keyboard seem to have been overlooked. The size of the keyboard is limited by the size of your screen. But, don’t worry there are ways how to make the keyboard bigger on iPhone.
There are a number of ways you can easily implement a bigger keyboard, such as enabling the iPhone’s display zoom feature or downloading third-party apps that give your eyes and fingers a break.
How to make Keyboard Bigger on iPhone? ~~>
The iPhone keyboard revolutionized the concept of a touchscreen keyboard because now your cell phone didn’t require a stylus to be used. It’s only gotten better since then, although those who have trouble reading the tiny icons and pressing the tiny keys may disagree.
But, anyways there are various methods that you can utilize to make your keyboard bigger(Alas! not bigger than the size of your screen). So, now let us see these methods one by one.
Enlarge your keyboard by using Display Zoom ~~> ~~>
While there are many keyboard settings in iOS, there isn’t any specific way to increase the size of the keys. But, you can do this by enabling the Display Zoom feature, which enlarges everything displayed on the screen, including the keyboard. So, let’s see how:
- Open the device Settings > “Display and Brightness” > “Display Zoom”
- Next, select “View” followed by “Magnified”.
- Thereafter, choose “Set”, to enable the display zoom.
Note: On newer iPhone models, you’ll find this feature under “Accessibility Settings” > “Zoom”
Enlarge your keyboard by using Zoom ~~> ~~>
To use the Zoom function to enlarge your keyboard, do as below:
- Open the Settings application.
- Go to “General” > “Accessibility” > “Zoom”.
- Thereafter, slide it from Off to On to enable the zoom feature.
- Now, while using your keyboard, you may double-tap your keyboard screen with three fingers to zoom in and out.
- That’s it!
Enlarge your keyboard by using Third-Party Applications ~~> ~~>
Another way to zoom in on your iPhone keyboard is to download one of the third-party apps available online. The changes to iOS mean that you can now add different types of keyboards to your iPhone which also comes with some additional features. So, let’s see some of these keyboards:
- The Big Keys Keyboard – It offers up to 40% larger keys than the iOS standard, displayed with 100% more contrast and also the resizing capability.
- The XL Keyboard – It has extra-large keys and you are free to choose the size and layout of your keyboard.
- The Tune Key Keyboard – It allows for easier and more precise typing because of its finger-scope technology.
But, what if you want a smaller keyboard, what will you do then. Let’s see right away!
Ways to Make your iPhone keyboard smaller ~~> ~~>
If you use one of the larger iPhone models and want a smaller keyboard because the standard keyboard seems too big. Worry not, you can make the iPhone keyboard smaller using the methods given below. So, let us see what are these methods.
Use One-Handed Mode
Probably the easiest method to make your keyboard smaller is to enable one-handed mode on your iPhone keyboard. Here is how to do it:
- Launch any application like Messages to launch the keyboard.
- Then, tap on the globe icon under your keyboard and choose either left-handed or right-handed layout.
- That’s it! Your keyboard will remain the same now but the keys will have a reduced size as your desired to facilitate one-handedness.
Use Third-Party Applications
There are only a handful of keyboard apps that offer a smaller keyboard for the iPhone one of which is the ReBoard App. So, let’s see what you need to do:
- Open App Store and search for the “ReBoard App”.
- Thereafter, download and install it.
- Next, open the ReBord keyboard and tap the Settings (gear) icon.
- Thereafter, tap the “-“ (minus) sign next to the keyboard size option to decrease its size.
- Conversely, if you want to return to the default size again, then, tap the Settings icon again followed by tapping the “X” (cross) sign next to the keyboard size option.
WRAPPING UP !! ~~> ~~>
In this post, I think I have done well enough to have given you ample solutions; to help you make your iPhone keyboard size bigger or smaller, depending on your wish. All the methods are very simple and anyone can easily follow them. So, try your hands on any of these quick fixes to fulfill your wish. Do put out your views and if you have any other method up to your sleeve then do not hesitate to put it down in the comments section and I will try to incorporate it into this article. On that note, until the next time, see ya !! Goodbye !! ~~> ~~> ~~>
:: ~~> ~~> :: ** :::::: ** :: )) ** :: ** (( ~~> ~~>