Discord lets you decorate your messages with emojis, gifs, and images, but some people do not know how to use Markdown’s formatting features to create even more unique effects. Using keyboard shortcuts on your computer or mobile device can change the way viewers and readers see the content you publish. Thus, you can add all sorts of formatting to your posts, such as bold, italics, code formatting, and spoiler tags. On that note, in this post, we will look at how to add a spoiler on Discord.
How to Add a Spoiler on Discord? ~~> ~~>
Spoiler tags are used to let others know that you are going to give information about something that someone does not want to see yet. Once this tag is added, another user will only see a grey or black box above the content. So, let’s see how to add a spoiler on Discord in your messages.
Here’s how to un-disable your Discord Account !! ~~> ~~>
Use the “Mark as Spoiler” option — (Only Desktop Users) ~~> ~~>
Discord’s developers have heard people’s cries and made it incredibly easy to add spoiler tags that block the writer’s content when they type it. So, thanks to the latest enhancements adding spoiler tags have become all the easier. You just need to:
- Open the Discord chatbox and type in your message.
- Mark your message with the mouse and click on the eye icon (pop-up).
- Now, check for the two vertical bars next to your text.
- Thereafter, press Enter on your computer’s keyboard to send the message with a spoiler tag.
- The spoiler tags hide the message until it is clicked to reveal.
Using the Markdown method ~~> ~~>
Another way to add spoiler tags to your Discord messages is to use Markdown code. Here’s what you need to do:
- Type two vertical strokes before your text (shift + slash).
- Next, enter your text.
- Thereafter, at the end of your text type two vertical bars again.
- Next, press Enter to send the message with a spoiler tag.
- These bars will ensure that your message is hidden in a spoiler tag so that others will have to click on it to reveal the information.
Here’s how to change your Discord background !! ~~> ~~>
Spoiler Tags on Discord App (Smartphone version)
Android users have a little more difficulty adding spoiler tags than iOS users. However, it is possible to cloak your messages before sending them on Android devices. Here is how to do it:
- Open the Discord mobile app and tap the chatbox where you want to send your messages.
- Next, type the two vertical bars as we did on the desktop.
- Thereafter, enter the text you want to send as the message and subsequently, add two more vertical bars.
- Finally, tap the send icon to the right of the text box.
- That’s it! You have successfully added a spoiler tag.
Looking for Discord Role Names? Your search ends here !! ~~> ~~>
Spoiler Tags on Discord iOS
- Tap on the chatbox to bring up the keyboard. and tap the ABC key, followed by the 123 key.
- Then, find the vertical bar on your keyboard and type it twice.
- Next, type your message, and then tap two more vertical bars.
- Finally, tap the send arrow to send your message to the chat.
- Open Discord chat and simply type your message.
- Then, highlight the text by double-tapping it.
- Next, drag the cursor to hide any parts of the message you want to hide.
- Thereafter, tap the “mark as spoiler” option.
- Finally, tap on the send arrow.
- That’s it! Your work is complete.
Here’s how you can find your Discord ID!! ~~> ~~>
How to disable Spoiler Tags? ~~> ~~>
If you want to moderate the spoiler tags, here’s what you will have to do:
- Obviously, open the Discord app.
- Next, tap on the “Settings” icon > “Text & Images”.
- Thereafter, look for the “spoiler tag”.
- Finally, choose any of the three options (On click, On Servers, and Always).
- On click, will hide spoilers from all channels; the On Servers option will disable the tags on your servers. While the Always option will disable the spoiler tag for you forever.
Want to see deleted messages on Discord? Here’s how to see them!! ~~> ~~>
WRAPPING UP !! ~~> ~~>
In this post, I think I have done well enough to have given you ample ways and methods describing how to add a spoiler on Discord. All the methods above are literally very simple and even a beginner can easily follow them. So, try your hands on any of these quick fixes to fulfill your wish. Do put out your thoughts and views in the comments section and mention which method you liked the most. On that note, until the next time, see ya !! Goodbye !! ~~> ~~> ~~>
:: ~~> ~~> :: ** :::::: ** :: )) ** :: ** (( ~~> ~~>