Facing trouble receiving YouTube notifications? Are YouTube notifications not working on your device? If these are some of your queries, then, rest assured as you are in the right company. Here, in this well-curated post, you will get to know about the various reasons that cause the YouTube notifications not working error and also the probable fixes to these causes. So, without wasting any more second let us get on with the topic right away!
YouTube Notifications Not Working ~~> ~~>
YouTube notifications let you know about the latest videos and posts from your favorite YouTube channels. Not only will you be notified when someone likes your comment, but also when your favorite author goes live. As useful as they are, YouTube may at times not send you any of these notifications on your devices. There can be various reasons and hence many solutions too. So, let us take a quick glance at all these solutions one by one.
Check YouTube Servers Status ~~~>
Probably YouTube Servers are down, thus hampering your normal use of the various features of YouTube. So, you must check the status of the servers before opting for any other fix. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open your preferred browser.
- Search for the downdetector site.
- Type a question like “Is YouTube down” and you will be able to the status in your region.
- In case of an outage in your region, you will have to wait.
Check your Network Connection ~~>
YouTube functionalities of uploading/downloading media files, receiving notifications and others, need good internet connection to work properly. Thus, you will have to make sure that your internet connection is strong before you begin using these features. Hence, you may do well to check if your router, modem, and hubs are functioning well. Also:
- Open your browser.
- Go to the fast.com or ookla.
- Run a speed test to get the proper network speed status.
- You can also try resetting your routers and modems to make it work well.
Make sure that you are logged in and with the right Account ~~> ~~>
In order to receive notifications from YouTube, you first need to make sure that you are logged into YouTube with your Google account. To verify this:
- Open YouTube app.
- Click on your profile icon.
- Thereafter, tap on your account name at the top to make sure you are signed in with the right Google account.
Check Device’s Notification Settings
Next up, check the notification settings on your smartphone to make sure you have not disabled notifications from the YouTube app. Here’s what you got to do:
- Press and hold the YouTube app icon and tap the App Info icon in the menu that opens.
- Now, go to Notifications and toggle the switch next to All YouTube Notifications.
- Make sure you turn on other notification settings as well.
Check in-app Notification Settings
If you are still not receiving notifications from YouTube, you need to check the in-app notification settings in the YouTube app. Here is how you can do that:
- Open the YouTube application.
- Tap on your profile picture.
- Go to Settings > Notifications.
- Now, set your preferred notification by toggling the corresponding switches next to it.
Check Channel Notification Settings
If you are not receiving notifications from only a few channels, check the notification settings of those channels. What you need to do specifically is:
- Open the YouTube app and tap on your profile icon.
- Go to Settings option > Notifications.
- Thereafter, tap “Channel Settings” to see a list of all the channels you are subscribed to with a notification icon next to them.
- Now, tap the notification icon and select “All” from the prompt.
Disable Incognito Mode
Incognito mode in YouTube is a great way to watch videos without saving your browsing history. When enabled, it basically logs you out of YouTube. Of course, you will not receive any notifications from YouTube during this time.
So, in order to disable the incognito mode in YouTube:
- Tap the Incognito icon.
- Thereafter, select the “Turn off Incognito” mode option.
- That’s it !!
Disable DND Mode —- YouTube notifications not working ~~> ~~>
DND is a very special feature to keep you away from unnecessary disturbance when you are in no mood to entertain any. It prevents the device from getting any notifications. Hence, if you have unintentionally enabled this mode, it may be one of the reasons why you are not getting YouTube notifications. So:
- Open Settings app.
- Go to Sound (Android) / Focus (iPhone) > Do Not Disturb > Turn it OFF.
- That’s it! You have successfully disabled DND mode.
Enable Necessary Permissions
If you do not have permission to work in the background, YouTube may not fetch notifications. So make sure you have allowed YouTube to work in the background. Here is how to do that:
- Press and hold the YouTube app icon and tap App Info.
- Now, go to Mobile Data and Wi-Fi.
- Then, make sure the toggles next to “Background data” and “Unrestricted data usage” are checked.
- Open the Settings app > Go to General > Update Background App.
- Scroll down to YouTube and enable the switch next to it.
Apps like YouTube receive regular updates that bring bug fixes and improvements. If you have been delaying app updates for YouTube, updating the app to the latest version could help resolve the issue. Here is how to update:
- Open Play Store (Android users) /App Store(iPhone & iPad users).
- Then, go to “My Apps and Games” section > “Installed” tab.
- Now, look for YouTube app > Update
Uninstall and Reinstall YouTube
- Press and hold the YouTube app and select “Uninstall” from the prompts.
- Thereafter, confirm the same.
- Next, open Play Store (Android users) /App Store(iPhone & iPad users).
- Finally, search for YouTube app and tap on “Install“
SUMMARIZING !! ~~> ~~>
In this post, I think I have done well enough to have given you ample solutions to tide you over your issue. All the methods above are literally very simple and can work out even for a beginner. So, try your hands on any of these quick fixes to resolve your issues. Do also comment about the method that worked for you. You can also put in your thought if you have any other method up your sleeve and I will try to incorporate that too in my post. On that note, until the next time, see ya !! Goodbye !! ~~> ~~>
:: ~~> ~~> :: ** :::::: ** :: )) ** :: ** (( ~~> ~~>