How often do you unlock your phone, launch WhatsApp and find some missed calls that did not ring when your phone was in a lock state? It happens on both Android and iOS devices. So, in this post, we will focus on the problem of WhatsApp calls not ringing. For this, we have prepared a few methods to solve this issue. So, lets’ discuss these in detail one by one.
WhatsApp Calls Not Ringing
First, make sure your phone’s mobile data/Wi-Fi connection is enabled and that you have an active Internet plan. Secondly, check if your phone’s ringtone is properly configured and your sound profile is not set to silent. Lastly, restarting your device might also help. If you still do not receive WhatsApp call notifications when your phone is locked, proceed with the troubleshooting methods below.
When enabled, DND will mute all incoming mobile calls and other third-party apps. If WhatsApp calls do not ring when your phone is in a lock state; you may check if “Do not disturb” is not enabled.
- Open Settings.
- Then, go to Sound.
- Thereafter, go to Do-Not-Disturb > Turn off
Force Stop WhatsApp
- Press and hold the WhatsApp icon and tap on App info.
- Thereafter, you get some options, from there select the Force Stop option and tap on OK.
Enable WhatsApp Notifications
If WhatsApp notification is disabled or misconfigured on your device, voice and video calls may not ring even if your phone is unlocked. To fix this:
- Long press the WhatsApp icon and tap App Info to open the application details page.
- Then go to Notifications.
- Finally, disable the Show notifications option and thereafter, turn it back ON.
Clear WhatsApp Cache
Actually, cache files are created by systems to make them trunk faster and run faster during use. However, when these files accumulate over time, they consume your device’s memory and sometimes cause an app to malfunction. To clear WhatsApp Cache:
- Open Settings app.
- Then, go to Apps & Notifications > App Info. > WhatsApp.
- Thereafter, go to Memory and Cache and tap on the Clear Cache icon.
- That’s it!
Update your Application
Your phone may not notify you about voice or video calls from WhatsApp if the app is not working properly due to an error. Manually updating WhatsApp to the latest available version is the best way to fix the issue. To do this:
- Open Play Store.
- Go to My Apps & Games.
- Select WhatsApp > Tap on Update if updates are available.
- Now, wait sometime till the app installs and updates itself.
- Open Google Play Store.
- Go to My Apps & Games > WhatsApp > Uninstall
- Now, let the app uninstall itself.
- Thereafter, click on Install to reinstall the app.
- Thereafter, set up your account and check if calls ring when you lock your device.
Disable Battery Saver
Another likely culprit for this problem is the Android Battery Saver feature. In an effort to extend battery life, Battery Saver can cause your phone to block WhatsApp call notifications. So, you can try disabling the Battery Saver. To do this:
- Open Settings.
- Then, go to Battery.
- Thereafter, select Battery Saver and next, tap on Turn off Now to disable the Battery Saver option.
Modify Background Data Settings
- Press and hold the Whatsapp App to open the info page.
- Select “Mobile Data & Wi-Fi”.
- Now, check if background data is enabled.
- You can also turn on the “Unrestricted data usage” option; to allow WhatsApp to access data without restrictions even if you enable the data saver option.
- That’s it! You have successfully modified background data settings.
WRAPPING UP !! ~~> ~~>
In this post, we have seen the various methods that we can use to solve the issue of WhatsApp calls not ringing. These methods will surely solve the issues and anyone can easily use these methods. Try out these methods and tell me which method was the best according to you. On that note, until next time, see ya!! Goodbye!! ~~> ~~>
:: ~~> ~~> :: ** :::::: ** :: )) ** :: ** (( ~~> ~~>