Almost every app has a notification feature that keeps you up to date with activity in the app. This feature is essential for social media platforms and messaging apps. We all have seen various notifications which help us deal with them. In this post, thus, we will discuss Snapchat notification not working.
As a social media app with built-in messaging feature, Snapchat’s notifications are really important for most users. However, Snapchat users often complain that their notifications do not work. Actually, the problem is caused by improper configurations on your device, but other factors such as problematic servers, corrupted app files, and unstable network connections should also be considered.
Turn off Snapchat Camera Sound ~~>
Snapchat Notification Not Working ~~> ~~>
Before you do anything, you should first check Snapchat’s servers, as they might be offline due to system maintenance or unexpected issues. However, if the servers are working, then try out the below methods.
Check Notification Settings ~~>
- First, open Snapchat from your home screen.
- Now tap on your profile icon and tap on the gear icon to open Snapchat settings.
- Finally, tap on Notifications and make sure that “Enable notifications” is checked.
Note: If you want to control individual notifications in the app, you can find more information on Snapchat’s page on this topic.
- On your home screen, tap Snapchat to open it.
- Then tap on the profile icon on the main Snapchat page.
- Now tap the gear icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Finally, tap on notifications and make sure that Snapchat’s notification feature is enabled.
Note: If you want to configure individual notifications, you can find instructions for this process on Snapchat’s dedicated page.
Update the Snapchat Application ~~>
- First, open the Settings app on your home screen.
- Now tap on the Accounts and Backup tab to open it.
- Then tap Accounts.
- Finally, scroll all the way down and make sure that Auto Sync Data is enabled.
- On your iOS device, tap the Settings app to open it.
- In the settings, tap General.
- Finally, tap Background Update and make sure it is enabled.
- After you enable the app background update, ask your friends to send you a message on Snapchat to check if you will receive a notification.
Want to change your Snapchat profile picture? To find out click here !! ~~> ~~>
Clear Cache Data ~~>
To clear the cache data of the Snapchat application, follow the steps given below:
- First, open Snapchat on your device.
- Next, tap on your profile icon in the upper left corner of your display.
- Therafter, click on Settings.
- Then scroll down and tap Clear Cache.
- Thereafter, tap Next/Clear All to clear Snapchat’s cache.
- After clearing the app’s cache, use Snapchat normally to check if the notifications are working now.
Uninstall and Re-install Snapchat ~~>
If Snapchat is not working properly on your device, it is possible that the installation files have been corrupted by an update or during use. Whatever the case, the easiest solution is to reinstall the app. Here is how to do it:
- Tap on your Snapchat application and hold it till the selection option of “Uninstall” .
- Thereafter, open Play Store and search for Snapchat.
- Then, click on Install.
- That’s it! You have successfully got through your task.
Snapchat Login Online? Here’s how to !! ~~> ~~>
Check Network Permissions ~~>
- First open Snapchat on your device.
- Then tap the profile icon on the main screen.
- Now tap on Settings to open it.
- In the settings, scroll down to the privacy tab and tap on permissions.
- Finally, make sure that Snapchat is allowed to access your network.
- Open Snapchat on your device.
- Now tap on the profile icon in the top left corner of your screen.
- Next, tap on the Settings button which has a gear icon.
- Scroll down until you see the Additional Services tab.
- Thereafter, click on Manage.
- Finally, tap Permissions and allow Snapchat to use your network.
Reset your network settings ~~>
- Run a speed test with fast.com on your device.
- If the test results show that your network is unstable, then, try rebooting your router to reconnect to a better connection with your ISP.
- First, find your router’s power cord and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Next, wait for 5 to 10 seconds before plugging the power cord back in.
- After rebooting your router, run another speed test to check if this has fixed the problem.
- However, if your network is still slow, contact your service provider immediately and have them fix the problem.
Contact Snapchat Support ~~>
If none of the above methods helped in solving your problem, try contacting Snapchat’s support team.
Report the problem to Snapchat and hope that they can find a solution to your problem right away. To help the support team, you should include important details in your report, such as the device you are using and your account information.
WRAPPING UP !! ~~>
Till now, in this article, we have seen a lot of easy and simple methods to follow. You simply need to follow the methods and the subsequent steps mentioned above and get the issue of Snapchat Notification not working resolved. If you have any other thoughts or methods up to your sleeves. Then, do share. I hope that this post is to your utmost satisfaction. On that note, until the next time, see ya !! Goodbye !! ~~> ~~>
:: ~~> ~~> :: ** :::::: ** :: )) ** :: ** (( ~~> ~~>