Kindle Highlights and Notes. Do you know about it? If not, don’t worry I am here to make you aware of just that. So, stay tuned to gather more knowledge on this.
In this day and age, books are as often digital as physical. Perhaps even more often. Even libraries now have their own digital copies of books. The Amazon Kindle is one of the most popular e-readers and a great way to read and manage all your books digitally.
Instead of just reading, you can do a few things while reading your digital content to keep track of important items. Maybe you want to highlight parts of a digital book for reference or remember important sayings or quotes. Maybe you need to take notes to write a review or essay, but you do not want to try to keep track of it in a separate document. An Amazon Kindle makes that easy.
View Kindle Highlights
To view the highlights or notes you have made on your Kindle, you can simply go to a website and view them on your computer; or any other device for that matter that you use to access the website. Let’s see how to do it:
- Go to read.amazon.com/notebook.
- Now, sign-in into your Amazon Kindle Account.
- You will now have access to all of your Kindle highlights and notes.
- So, your task is complete, isn’t it?
Highlighting any text on Kindle
Let us talk about how you can add highlighting on your Amazon Kindle while reading. You can do this for a book or a document that you have saved on your Kindle, and it’s quite simple. It’s just as easy as highlighting a physical book. Let’s see how :
- Just drag your finger across the text you want to highlight.
- When you remove your finger from the Kindle’s surface, a notification will appear telling you that you have just made a highlight.
- If you want to undo the highlight immediately, tap Undo on the toolbar that appears.
- If you come back later and you do not need a particular text anymore, you can tap on it and delete it and the mark will be removed.
- So that’s how you can set and remove a marker on your Amazon Kindle.
- Pretty simple, right?
Taking notes on Kindle
- To make notes on your Amazon Kindle, simply swipe over the area of text you want to note and highlight it.
- Then the toolbar will appear on top of the highlighted text.
- Tap ‘Note’ in the toolbar area.
- Finally, you can add notes using the on-screen keyboard and the note card that appears.
- When you are done writing notes, tap Save at the bottom right of your note card.
- If you want to edit a note, tap the number that appears in the bottom right of the highlighted note area.
- The note field appears on your Kindle screen and you have the option to share, delete, or edit your note.
- Tap “Edit” if you need to, or “Delete” if that’s what you want.
- That’s all you need to do to take notes on your Kindle and capture the key points of a book or document.
How to edit Highlights online?
Once you have created your highlights notes, you may want to edit them, delete them, or add more. You can do this using your favorite web browser. Let’s see how to do this:
- As before, visit the Kindle Notes website and click on the book you are interested in on the left side of the page.
- On the right side, you’ll see the content you have captured.
- Click on “Options,” which is highlighted in blue to help you find it.
- From here, of course, you can open the markup with a web browser in Kindle, add a new note, or delete it altogether.
- If you choose to delete a marker, it will update on all of your Kindle devices and the note will disappear everywhere.
- If you want to add more marks to a text, you can do so without opening your Kindle.
Adding notes on Kindle
- To add notes to your Kindle, tap on the highlighted text and select Note.
- You can then begin writing your note in the space provided.
- Click Save when you finish.
- Now, your note will show up as a small numbered icon and you further do whatever you want to do with it.
Moving from one note to another
- Tap the top of your screen to bring up your toolbar and choose Go To > “Notes”
- Now, proceed to do whatever you want to do with it.
- You can also export your notes and also share highlighted paragraphs.
- Selecting a note or highlighted passage will also take you to that location in your book.
Deleting different notes on Kindle
- To delete your notes, either select them by tapping Edit on the selected note in the Notes section of the Go To menu, or by tapping the numbered icon in your text and choosing Edit.
- From there, simply press Delete.
- To delete highlighted passages, you can highlight the highlighted passage in your text and tap Delete, or you can delete it in the Notes section of the Go To menu.
SUMMING UP !! ~~>
Using kindle gives you a very interactive reading experience, as you may know by now. In this post, you learned about how to take notes, highlight texts, and do other tasks like adding, editing, and even exporting your texts too. You can now mark important paragraphs, add thoughts and annotations, and other additions to your favorite text. Your Kindle is packed with features that give you an immersive and personal reading experience. On that note, until next time, see ya!! Goodbye !! :)~~ **::::::** ::))::((~~>>