Have you ever been faced with a situation wherein you want to leave an anonymous review on Google, and don’t know how to do it? Don’t worry at all. I am here to make you aware of the methods that will help you in your endeavor.
Any Google user can submit a review about a business. No invitation is required, the Google review feature is available to anyone. Google my business can be a great new feature for businesses, as it has been shown that positive reviews can increase sales.
However, there are many businesses that receive less than positive reviews, or there are individuals who want to leave anonymous reviews on Google my business without leaving their name. Thus, here in this guide, you will find the answers to all these questions and more. If you want to know how to write a Google review without a Gmail account, I will be back with one on that too. But, for now, let’s start with this topic.
Anonymous Review on Google
Before you head out, you should note that some Google services like Google Maps may not work without signing up for a Gmail account or a Google Account.
Now, here is how to submit a Google review by using a new name instead of your main account:
- If you already have a Google account, then, sign out.
- Now, open your browser in incognito mode or private browsing mode.
- Any Google service you try to open will ask you to sign in.
- Now, you need to create an account with your current email address and not Gmail like a burner email.
- Thereafter, you can submit an anonymous Google review that shows your alias and not your real name.
- However, you will need to log in to incognito mode each time to leave anonymous reviews, rather than from your main account.
Note that another option that gives you more anonymity is to use a VPN service. You can use this during the sign-in process so that Google sign-in thinks you are in a different location and you can leave your anonymous reviews.
Tracking a Google Review
Anyone who leaves online reviews can have their IP address traced by people who are able to do so. Google knows your IP address when you leave an anonymous review, and your ISP can also see it.
If you use a VPN, you can hide your real IP address as your location is spoofed by choosing another VPN server outside the country.
Is it possible to stop someone from giving a review
Google reviews are there to allow the public to express their opinion, so they can submit a review on Google my business or for other services. For this reason, it is not generally accepted that a business can manipulate reviews for their own purposes or that someone can leave anonymous reviews.
You will see that Google does not provide the ability to delete Google reviews in any area. So if a business gets bad Google reviews, they are visible to others.
However, there is an option that allows a business to flag reviews that they feel violate Google’s review guidelines. When you flag a review, it goes back to Google, who will then consider moderating it if necessary.
If you want to highlight certain negative or anonymous reviews, the only way to block them is to flag the review in question. How to do it, let’s see:
- Sign-in to your Google My Business account.
- Select your business location and click on “Reviews”.
- Find the review in question, then click the more(3 dots) button.
- Then, select “Flag as inappropriate”.
One tactic any business can use with negative reviews is to respond to them. Many consumers do not expect a response. In some cases, the consumer will do nothing to change their review, but in others, they will.
Also, a business can respond by stating that they believe the negative review is fake; this is the correct approach when there is no record of a purchase. Since others can see your response, it can help Google decide to remove that review.
How to delete my reviews on Google !!
A few things worth noting here:
– More than half of shoppers trust products that have a few negative reviews
– One-third of online consumers know that many online reviews are fake, especially when there are almost no negative reviews
– Shoppers are less concerned about negative reviews today than in the past
WRAPPING UP !!
It can be beneficial for any business to embrace the new valuations, although there will come a time when they need to take action. One of the best actions is to engage and respond to both new positive and negative reviews. Let us say you need to post reviews that are not fake or overly negative. Using VPN, the option to hide your location, and creating a new account with another Gmail alternative is the best way to do this. So, with this point to ponder on, until next time, see ya !! Goodbye !! :)~~