There is a wide range of features and conveniences available on Smart TVs just like our smartphones. But they are not so easy to handle and show complications. People often worry that their kids can easily access the Smart TV even though they keep them away from smartphones. We will discuss how to limit children’s access and make things age-appropriate. In this blog, we will specifically focus on “How to remove YouTube from Smart TV?” The various brands of Smart TV require different procedures for limiting access. Here we will go through some of the leading Smart TV brands.
How to remove YouTube from Smart TV?
Samsung Smart TV
You can block YouTube on your Samsung Smart TV by starting from the Home screen and clicking on “Apps.”
- Firstly, choose the Settings icon. You will be able to see it as a little gear.
- Secondly, choose “Lock” for the YouTube app in your Settings. You can also select other apps you want to limit access.
- Lastly, enter the PIN of your TV and click on “Done.”
In this way, the app will be locked and it will require your PIN to access it.
LG Smart TV
This process is similar to the above so let’s discuss it:
- Firstly, you have to start by clicking on the “Smart” menu button on your remote control.
- Secondly, select the option of Settings and then Lock option available on the menu screen.
- Lastly, Select the option of “Application Lock.”
A list of applications will appear on your LG Smart TV. You have the option to select all the apps you want to limit access to. After selecting, click on OK for saving the changes. You can also click on “Cancel” and exit without locking any applications.
Vizio Smart TV
This Smart TV does not have the same kind of straight forward procedure as the above ones. In order to access your Parental Control Settings and its location on Vizio, you have to consult the user manual as it will differ according to the models. You will be able to enter the Parental Control Settings after inputting your Parental Control PIN. After entering the code, you will be able to block the applications you want.
You will be able to access the apps you have blocked by inputting your PIN depending on the model of your Smart TV. There is a chance that you may have to change the settings back to resume access.
Sony Smart TV
You will not be able to block apps for a Sony Smart TV (Android) in the same way for the previous brands we have mentioned. Since it is an Android TV, you have to set up a separate User Profile and then edit its settings. In this way, you will be able to acquire the the limited access. You can set up a limited-access user profile by following the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, choose “Settings” on the menu of your Smart TV.
- Then keep scrolling until you reach the “Personal” tab. After that you have to click on “Security & Restrictions” —> Create Restricted Profile.
- Now you have to set up a PIN.
- Thereafter, choose the applications you want to restrict access.
- Lastly, tap “Back” on your remote and you will be done.
Can you block YouTube Channels on Smart TVs?
It is unfortunate but YouTube doesn’t have any specific settings to block certain channel. So, there is no way to restrict what will come up if “Recommended for You” or “Play Nex featurest”. If you are unable to keep track of your child’s playlist then it is better to block the YouTube application on your Smart TV entirely. In this way, you have to input PIN to access YouTube on your Smart TV.
We hope that our blog on How to remove YouTube from Smart TV? helped you in some way. You also have the option of in-app settings that most of your individual applications provide. It can be a hassle to adjust settings in each app and this option is not available for YouTube. So, you can do as you like and rest assured that your family is only being exposed to age-appropriate content. Thank you for reading our blog!