Who wants his/her email to get hacked? I am sorry! I don’t want my email to get hacked. Thus, robust passwords for your email accounts are more important than ever; especially in light of the numerous hacks and security breaches that have made headlines in recent years. If you do not properly secure your email accounts, your information can be sold or shared on the dark web. On that note, we will in this post, see how to change Yahoo password.
If you want to protect your accounts against the growing number of cyber-attacks, the best way of defense is to keep your passwords up to date and change them regularly. Thus, it’s best to change the passwords on all your email accounts, such as Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail, to ensure the same level of security.
Note: It is better if we make it a habit to change our passwords every month or say every 2-3 months so that, we are well protected and our privacy is at a minimalistic risk.
In this guide, we will see how to change your Yahoo account password to further protect your personal information. Even if you have protected your Yahoo account with a strong password, you may need to change it occasionally. In addition to regular password maintenance, you should know how to change your password in case your account gets hacked, has a data breach, or is compromised.
Here’s an article on Yahoo Notepad !!
How to change your Yahoo Password
Using a PC
Fortunately, you can change your Yahoo password in just a few clicks. Here is how. If you know your existing Yahoo password and want to change it, you can use the link in your account settings. Let’s see how:
- Open Yahoo in a web browser.
- Now, click your account avatar in the top right corner of the web page.
- Open “Settings” in the drop-down menu.
- Now, that you are redirected to the Yahoo Mail page, select “Account Information” instead.
- Click “Account Security” in the area on the left.
- Click “Change Password.”
- Thereafter, type in the new password you want to use.
- Type it again in the “Confirm new password” field.
- Finally, click on “Next” to save your new password.
Using Your Mobile Application
- Open the Yahoo app on your smartphone or the tablet.
- Thereafter, tap on your account avatar at the top left of the screen (above your inbox).
- Tap on Settings.
- Thereafter, go to “Manage Accounts”.
- Now, find your account and tap on Account Info.
- Thereafter, go to “Security Settings.”
- On the Account Security page, tap “Change password”.
- Finally, enter your new password and confirm it by entering it a second time.
- Tap “Next.” and your new password will save.
What to do if you want to reset your Yahoo Password
Suppose that you have lost or forgotten your Yahoo password, you can reset it to regain access to your account. How? Let’s see it :
- Visit yahoo.com in Chrome and click on “Sign-in”.
- Henceforth, when the sign-in page opens, you need to type in your email address and click on “Next” to proceed.
- Thereafter, click on “Forgot your password”.
- Now, Yahoo will offer to send you a link to reset your password.
- Your options will depend on the contact options you have configured in your Yahoo account settings. Typically, you can choose to receive a text message or an email to a backup email address. So, choose the option that works best for you.
- When you receive the reset link, follow it and then enter the new password you want to use for your Yahoo account.
- Make sure your new password is strong – a combination of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols – and at least eight characters long.
- Also, do not use a password from another online service.
- Hurray! if you have followed all the above steps carefully and diligently then you have surely succeeded in resetting your password.
SUMMING UP !!
So, how was the post? Did u come to know about what you set out for? Isn’t this wonderful? Indeed, this is such a wonderful post that helps you reset your password and even change your password. I thus hope, this article sorts it out for you and helps you in your endeavors. Until next time, see ya!! Goodbye !! :)~ ?