There are many times when Windows displays a blue screen showing an error code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with value 0x000000D1. This error will compel the operating system to shut down so that it can prevent damage. The error of BSOD occurs in almost every version of Windows OS. The latest version of Windows 10 is also not spared and has faced the blue screen. In this blog, we will discuss the occurrence of 0xD1 bug check and how to solve the error of Driver IRQL not less or equal on Windows 10.
Causes of Driver IRQL not less or equal Windows 10 error
You will encounter the Stop error 0xD1 in Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 2012 R2, Windows 2000. The main cause of the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error is the driver issue. You will see this stop error mostly when the kernel-mode driver tries to access pageable or invalid memory at high IRQL.
Solving Driver IRQL not less or equal Windows 10 error
- Disable the faulty driver: As we mentioned before, the main reason behind this eroor is driver and you have to disable it. You can see a faulty driver in Blue screen of death (BSOD) with a name such as xyz.sys. There are many drivers causing driver IRQL not less or equal Windows 10 error. For instance, netio.sys, ndis.sys, tcpip.sys, athrx.sys, etc. You will be able to see the driver name in blue screen and when you do so please disable it from device manager. Alternatively you have the option to run Driver Verifier to identify driver.
- Run Driver Verifier:
- Firstly, navigate to Start.
- Secondly, type ‘verifier’ in the search option.
- Now you have to navigate to Create Standard Settings and click on Next.
- Select the option of ‘Automatically Select all Drivers Installed on this Computer.’
- Lastly, you have to click on next to finish.
Now you have to restart your device and while rebooting all the drivers will be verified and tested. If a faulty driver is present then it will appear with the blue screen. You can identify the driver that is causing the problem and then uninstall it from the device manager.
- Download latest Windows Update: In order to solve the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, you need to ensure that all latest Windows updates are getting installed on their system.
- Restore Windows to earlier point: If the cause of the stop error is a recently installed software or hardware. Then, you have to perform system restore for solving DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error.
We hope that with the help of our blog on Driver IRQL not less or equal Windows 10, you will be able to solve this error. Thank you for reading our blog!