We have seen a lot of people are wondering what is BBC agent android. Also, why it is installed on their phone but they can’t find any reliable source of information that explains the topic. But don’t worry we have got you covered. We have covered everything you need to know about the BBC agent android. We have also discussed how you can disable/uninstall the app or not. So, let’s jump into action and discuss everything in detail.
Also Read: What is the SIM toolkit? If you can delete it or not
BBC agent android meaning?
BBC agent android is a part of Knox. This is a part of Samsung’s security framework which is preinstalled on most of the Samsung devices out there. Knox is made for organizations that want to keep their work devices like kiosks, tablets, and employee mobile phones secure. However, apart from the relation with Knox, there is no more information about the BBC agent android.
What is com.samsung.android.bbc.bbcagent?
com.Samsung. android.Bbc. BBC agent is the android package of the BBC agent android. Different android systems/third-party apps have a package that contains important files. These are always unique names for identification purposes.
Is BBC Agent Safe?
Some people think BBC agent is some kind of spy app that is used to monitor their device. But we will assure you that BBC agent android is developed by Samsung Electronics. It is perfectly safe and people should not worry about it.
Can You Remove BBC Agent?
If the app is not causing you any issues then you should just leave the app alone there is no need to remove the app. But some people complain that BBC agent android uses too much battery. However, we are not sure why will it happen and we never found this app using too much battery. Also, if you are not using the Knox framework freezing or uninstalling the BBC agent app will not impact any other functions. But if you use the Knox it may start dysfunctioning so we suggest you don’t do that.
How to Disable/Uninstall BBC Agent?
To uninstall the BBC agent, you need to use the Android Debug Bridge. ADB is a command-line tool that will help you to communicate with your device or use a third-party app like System App Remover (root required).
Also, if you want to disable the app instead of uninstalling it there are third-party apps available to do that.
Method 1: By using the Android Debug Bridge (ADB)
- Firstly, open the device settings.
- Then go to the system>About phone>Software Information.
- After that you need to keep tapping the Build number until it activates Developer options.
- Then turn on the USB debugging.
- Download ADB on your computer.
- After that extract the ZIP file into it a folder of your choice.
- Then you need to open the folder where you extracted the ZIP file.
- After that press and hold the shift button and then right-click in a blank area.
- After that you need to tap on “Open Powershell window here”.
- Then you enter adb devices command.
- Then you need to connect Android device to the PC using a USB cable.
- Lastly, all you need to do is run the command adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com.samsung.android.bbc.bbcagent to remove the app.
Method 2: By using a Third-Party App
- Firstly, you need to download and install the System App Remover.
- After that launch the app and then search for the BBC Agent app and then select it.
- Finally you need to tap on the uninstall button.
The system app remover requires root access to your Android device.
Different Features of Knox Android
Knox is a security framework that keeps data like passwords, credit cards, confidential files, and transactions safe.
Limited Web and Apps Acess
Knox will help the admin to allow or block apps that can be installed, auto-update, apps that can access USB ports and apps that can use the clipboard, and many more.
Some Extra Features
- Firslty, it allows the admin to install apps silently.
- It also blocks the app downloads from unknown sources.
- Also, it prevents users from using the screen capture apps.
- It also prevents users from using the camera and microphone.
- It also lets admin to force stop any app which includes background process and system apps.
So, if you came here wondering what is BBC agent android. Hope you now know what is BBC agent android. Hope you find this information useful. Thank you for the read.