When you see a white light blinking on the Xfinity WiFi Router, it signifies an issue with internet connectivity. It will show a continuous blinking when the Wi-Fi connection is partially established. This confirms the issue with the internet connection. But let’s not confuse this blinking light with a firmware update as the light blinks during that process too. When there is an internet connection problem then the blinking that appears is different. In this blog, we will discuss how to solve the problem of Wifi light blinking rapidly.
You will see a power light and online light on the router. However, these lights will glow brightly on a fully functioning router. The router will signify that it is out of power when you see that the power light is blinking. In the same sense, when the online light is shuddering then it signifies that you are not online. The router is working fine if you are seeing solid power and online lights together with blinking lights on other LEDs. Wi-Fi is currently being used if you can see blinking lights.
Also Read: WiFi Connected But No Internet Access
Reasons for Wifi light blinking rapidly
- Splitter problem: Splitter plays the role of dividing the incoming connection into 2-3 links that are Wi-Fi, phone, and TV. If the splitter is not working properly then it is harmful for the internet connection.
- Defects in the modem: When the device is out of order then it will cause Wi-Fi connectivity issues. Internet connection cannot be established during power surges as the modem will lose its productivity and functionality.
- Service Outage: When the service is down due to ISP then the light will be blinking frequently. In this case, you just have to wait until the issue is resolved from the ISP side.
- Loose Wires: You can also face blinking lights issue when the connection of wires to the Xfinity Router is not proper.
Fixing Wifi light blinking rapidly
1. Direct Plugging
You can choose the directly connect the main cable to the router instead of using a splitter.
2. Re-initializing the modem
Follow the steps given below to power cycle your modem/router:
- Firstly, you have to unplug the router from the power supply.
- Secondly, keep ressing the power button on the router.
- Lastly, Just plug the router back in the power outlet.
3. Fixing Xfinity Internet Connection if Us/Ds lights don’t stop blinking
You have to follow the steps given below if the router light continues blinking. These steps will restore your internet connection properly:
- Firstly, you have to check for service interruption.
- Then, launch the ‘Xfinity’ app on your smartphone.
- Now you have to log into your Comcast account.
- Lastly, tap on the option of ‘Check for the link of Service interruptions’.
If the above-mentioned solutions do not work then you should contact technical experts so that you can get a quick and reliable solution to the problem. We hope that our blog of Wifi light blinking rapidly helped you in solving your connection problem. Thank you for reading our blog!