Samsung Smart TV is are considered to be one of the best smart TV. Samsung Smart TV has an operating system known as Tizen operating system. It was built by Samsung and it is only available on Samsung Smart TV. There are a lot of applications available on this operating system. However, HBO go is an exception. You can get HBO to go application from the smart hub, by using it you can easily connect HBO Go on Samsung Smart TV.
The smart hub is just like App Store for a Samsung TV and it is very similar to the Playstore of Android devices. With the help of a smart hub, you can download applications on your Samsung Smart TV. However, there is a restriction on HBO go app. You can install the app only on a Samsung Smart TV that has an operating system of 2.4 and above. These are the TVs that are launched in 2016 and other models.
Install HBO go on Samsung Smart TV
- Firstly you will need to ensure that your Samsung Smart TV operates on the operating system 2.4 or higher operating system. You can also find a full list of supported Samsung Smart TV models on the HBO go support page.
- Now you will need to turn on your Samsung Smart TV and take the remote.
- Now you need to find the smart hub button present on your remote and then click on the button.
- This will open the smart hub Store on your TV. Now you need to go to the search icon present on the top of your screen.
- Now the on-screen keyboard will appear where you will need to write HBO go and click on the done button.
- On the next screen, you will need to click on the download button
- When the download of the application is completed you will need to tap the open button that will initiate the HBO go application on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Now sign in with your cable TV provider and you are eligible to what all the HBO go video titles.
Other methods to install HBO go on Samsung Smart TV
Almost every Samsung Smart TV has a built-in live cast feature that helps you cast media files directly from your smartphone. Also, HBO go application has a built-in cast I can and you can directly cast the app from your smartphone to your smart TV with ease. For this, you will need to follow the following instructions.
- Install the HBO go application on your smartphone and connect your smartphone to the Wi-Fi network of the Samsung Smart TV.
- Open the HBO application on your mobile and tap on the cast icon present there.
- Now, select your Samsung Smart TV from the list of devices detected.
- Now you can play any video title and it will appear directly on your Samsung TV.
Along with the casting feature, you can also use some external streaming devices such as Amazon fire stick to install and watch HBO go content. Also if you are using any third-party applications you can use them to download high-quality content on your mobile and then cast them directly onto your Samsung Smart TV.
HBO Go is not working on your Samsung Smart TV
You might be facing some of the issues or the HBO application is not working altogether on your Samsung Smart TV due to various reasons. You can do the following things to solve these issues –
- Firstly you will need to update the HBO go application on your Samsung Smart TV.
- After this, you will need to ensure that your smart TV is operating on a size 2.4 or above operating system. However, if you are using a lower version then you will need to update your Samsung Smart TV to the latest version of the operating system available.
- Restart your Samsung Smart TV and try again to connect it with HBO go application.
- You will need to make sure that your Wi-Fi router has a proper internet connection with your Samsung Smart TV.
- Also, you can uninstall the HBO application and reinstall it again.
- You can also check the HBO support page to ensure that your smart TV is present on the list.
- If you still have some issues then you will need to reset your Samsung Smart TV to factory settings and restart the process.
These are some of the ways that you can use to access your HBO go videos on your Samsung Smart TV. You can try these solutions if your app is not responding.