In this blog, we will discuss how you can Connect the apple watch to the Fitbit app. As we all know that Fitbit and Apple do not make a good pair. However, we can make it work. We will provide you with a detailed procedure to sync your Apple Watch 6 with your Fitbit account through an iPhone. It can be a running iOS 14 or newer version. Because of this, you will be able to maintain the data, challenges, and other features of Fitbit without using a Fitbit device.
Also Read: Apple watch unable to check for update 2021
Install a third-party app: Strava
When you try to sync your Apple Watch with a Fitbit account, you will find that it doesn’t work well. This is because both of them do not communicate and ignore each other completely. But this problem can be solved by bringing an intermediary to make them talk.
For instance, third-party apps like Strava and MyFitnessSync will help in connecting the data from your Apple Watch to your Fitbit app. You can start by downloading and installing one of the above-mentioned apps. In this blog, we will take Strava as an example.
a) Firstly, download and install the Strava app.
b) After installation, open the Strava app to create an account on it. It will ask you for some permissions, you have to tap on Agree to grant the permissions. Then, follow the instructions on your screen. After setting up, you should go to the Feed screen.
c) Tap on the option of Connect a GPS watch or computer.
d) Now tap your Apple Watch.
e) Tap on Get Started option on the Welcome screen.
f) On the next page, few required options will be available. The option is called Set Up Checklist.
- Turn on Location Services: You have to enable this option so that your Apple Watch can connect with Strava.
- Accept Our Code of Conduct: You have to give permission to the Code of Contact.
- Motion & Fitness: Give permission to Strava so that it can sync your Motion & Fitness data from your Apple Watch.
Additionally, there are other non-essential options to control on this screen. They are as follows:
- Turn on Notifications: You have the option to decide if you want the Strava app to send you notifications.
- Sync With Health: In this you have to choose if you want to enable heart rate data monitoring while using Strava.
You can set these non-essential settings now or later as it is up to you. Then, just click on Finish.
g) Tap on Done on the next screen.
Using Strava to connect Apple Watch to Fitbit app
After installing Strava on your iPhone, you will be able to get Fitbit and Apple Watch to communicate. But firstly, install the Fitbit app on your iPhone if you haven’t already. After doing so, follow the instructions given below:
- Firstly, open and log in to the Fitbit app on your iPhone. If you are already logged in then move on to the next step.
- Now click on your Account profile picture. It is available in the upper left corner.
- Keep scrolling on the Account page and tap on the Third Party Apps.
- Tap on Compatible Apps on the page of Third Party Apps.
- Now go to Fitbit.com. You have to keep scrolling until you find Strava. Then, select Download on the App Store.
- On the app store, you will be taken to the Strava page. As the installation is already complete so, just click on Open.
- On your screen, you will reach the Getting Started page. Then, click on the option of Connect a GPS watch or computer.
- Now in the Device Type list, click on Fitbit.
- Tap on Connect Fitbit on the next screen.
- It will prompt you to enter your Fitbit account credentials. After doing so, click on Login.
- Then, it will prompt you to log into your Strava account again. You have to enter your login credentials and tap Log In.
- You have to Authorize Fitbit to connect to Strava on the next screen. It will give you information and instructions that you have to read and then click on Authorize.
- You have the options to choose those functions of Fitbit that you want to sync between Strava and Fitbit. Then, click on Allow.
- After reading the information that it provides about Fitbit and Strava working together, you have to click on OK, got it.
- On the next screen that will appear, it says Almost There! at the top. After reading the information on this page, click on Continue.
- Now you have to grant Strava access to health-related data by tapping Allow.
- If you receieve an error message saying to try again later, you have to dismiss it. This is because you will see that your Fitbit and Strava accounts are already connected.
We hope that after reading this blog, you are able to connect Apple Watch to Fitbit app. Thank you for reading our blog!