What is carrier hub app people seems to ask this question a lot. So, in this blog we will explain what does Carrier hub do. And also we have explained some frequently asked questions. What are the problems your device can have if your device don’t have a Carrier hub app? Let’s dive in getting a little bit of knowledge about what is carrier hub app?
Also Read: Com.lge.shutdownmonitor: Everything you need to know
What is carrier hub app?
So, you can say that Carrier hub is an Android app that allows different features like Voice over Wi-Fi on devices operating on a T-mobile network. But according to the carrier hub app play store description, they assist T-mobile network Network engineering for customer-reported service concerns.
For now there are two apps available on Google play store: Carrier Hub by Sprint and Carrier Hub Magenta by T-Mobile USA. They both offer the same features since sprint merged with T-mobile on April 1, 2020.
Permission Carrier Hub May Use:
- Physical Activity
Issued Cause By Carrier Hub App:
Here are some of the issues caused by Carrier Hub app:
High Data Consumption:
People have reported the issue of their data consumption being high in the background. They have reported that the app keeps running in the background and then consumes more data than most apps do.
There is also a report of people reporting battery drainage issues after updating or installing the carrier hub app. But as per our research we haven’t found any specific data on how the app impacts the battery but the issues reported by users and it is taken seriously.
People have also reported that there are countless reported issues related to the app where it negatively affects their device. The app is causing their device phone to lag and freezing.
MCM client Requests are processing meaning:
Mobile content management (MCM) processing request notifications is one of the most common issues for people who have installed the app on their phone. The most notification appears when you restart the phone and the phone tries to connect to cell towers and once it connects the notification disappears. Also, if you are in an area where the notification appears and disappears and if your phone keeps trying to connect to the area network.
If the T-mobile network is completely out of service or down for maintenance. You are bound to see the connection request notification and you will not be able to use the text, call, and data services. For this, you have to contact your T-mobile for further assistance.
What to do if your Carrier Hub App Not Responding:
Well, carrier hub crashing issue is not that common. But it is one of the most annoying things once it does crash. There are many different reasons why it can be happening. If it is happening too much you can fix it by clearing cache from Settings > Apps > Carrier hub > Storage > Clear Cache.
If clearing cache does not help, you can force stop the app or factory reset your phone.
Do you need the Carrier Hub App?
Yes, you need the carrier hub is an app that allows important features like Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWi-Fi). It helps in T-mobile services and if the app is working fine please leave it alone. People generally think its a virus but it is not we can assure you that it is not a virus spyware, or any kind of spy app.
Can You Uninstall the Carrier Hub is App?
Yes for some of you know who don’t know Carrier hub comes pre installed and doesn’t offer an option to uninstall the app. But there is another method where you can root your device or use another Android Debug Bridge (ADB). This is give you privileged accepted to your phone and remove the app.
How to Disable the Carrier Hub App?
Follow the steps given below if you want to disable the carrier hub app:
- Firstly, Go to Settings.
- Then after that tap on Apps.
- Now after that tap on the Ellipsis icon (three vertical dots in the right corner)
- When you enter the ellipsis icon Tap on System Apps.
- Find and tap on the Carrier Hub.
- Finally, tap on the Disable icon.
How to Uninstall the Carrier Hub App?
Android Debug Bridge (ADB) is one of the tool that gives you the option to access the Unix shell that can be used to run commands on an Android device. If you want to uninstall it follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, go to Settings > System > About phone.
- Then that tap the build number 7 times to activate Developer Options.
- After that now open Developer Options; it should be available in your main. settings.
- Then open the USB debugging
- You also have to Download ADB on your PC.
- After you have downloaded the ADB extract the ZIP file into a folder.
- Then open the folder you have extracted.
- Press and hold the shift button and right-click in a blank area.
- Click on “Open Powershell window here.”
- After that, you have to connect your Android device to the PC using a cable.
- Then after that run the command
adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com. Sprint.ms.smf.servicesto remove the app.
Using System App Remover
- Firstly, you have to download and install the system app remover from here.
- Then after that Launch, the app searched for the Hub and checked the box next to it.
- After that, you just have to tap on uninstall button to completely remove the app.
How to stop your app from tracking your data
If you want to disallow your phone to track usage data, like which apps you use and how often. You can go to device settings
- Firstly, Go to device Settings.
- Then after that search Usage Data Access in the search bar.
- After that when you find it tap on the app.
- Then finally usage access is on, turn it off using the button.
So, here is everything you need to know about what is carrier hub app. We didn’t only explain what it is. We also talked about how it is useful for the phone and what are complaints people are registering. But in the conclusion the people who think its a virus it is not. Thank you for the read.