Snapchat is among the top social networking app used worldwide and mostly by the millennial. Sometimes due to technical or network issues the app is unable to load. The snaps which can be a really frustrating the experience. In the article we will tell you some tips and tricks. So that you will be able to know how to fix snapchat not loading snaps?
According to some users, when they use the Snapchat camera, they tap the snaps but see the only black screen. Without an error message, and no matter how long they leave the video to load, it just doesn’t load. Some users also said they just saw a grey preview image. No matter how hard they try to load the snap into the app.
Also Read: Is snapchat deleting memories? Rumorous Answered
What is Snapchat?
Almost everyone has seen photos of people with dog’s ears or heart freckles or flowers floating on their head. I am 100% sure that you all know what I am talking about. That’s right, Snapchat. The combination of snaps and texts is what makes this mobile app different from other social media. Snapchat has a special kind of camera so, you can try on a new look with just one tap on the mobile screen. Simply, you can chat with your friends through snaps on Snapchat and send memes for snapchat. With more than 500 million users, Snapchat has become one of the largest networking platforms.
You can download snapchat from here.
Here are some methods on how to fix snapchat not loading snaps?
Restart the phone:
Sometimes due to really minor error the app may have not loaded properly. So rebooting your phone will surely help you in that situation.
- For Android users, users press the power button and volume down button together until you see the next screen. Follow the directions and restart your phone.
- For iOS users press and release the volume up button, and then push the power button until you see the Apple Logo.
Clear Snapchat cache:
This is a recommendation not only for snapchat but for other apps also that you clear the cache regularly. As since the time of your previous cache management you tend to download a lot of data and when. Any of the file does not load properly you may face the difficulty.
You will find the clear cache option in the setting of the app. Also clearing the cache will not lead to any loss of data. You can just follow the steps given below to clear the cache and it will surely help. You figure out how to fix snapchat not loading snaps.
- On an Android device, open Settings >> Applications >> Snapchat >> Storage and tap on “Clear cache”.
- Or you can open Snapchat >> Settings >> Clear cache to delete data cached in the application.
Close and again open the app conversation:
It may work if you are unable to load snaps form any particular user. You will find the “clear conversation” in the Account Operation.
But you will lose all the snap received and sent to this particular user.
Check network connection:
Though it may sound childish to all you tech juggernauts and draw. The least of your attention but yes sometimes in search of bigger reasons. We ignore the smaller ones and this may be that.
There is another option where you can change the DNS settings. This trick has helped some of the users, below are the steps mentioned to change the DNS settings.
- Go to WiFi Settings >> Modify Network>> Advanced Settings >> Change IP Settings to Static
- Now change DNS1 and DNS2 to 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 in a respective position, which are Google DNS.
Re-add the friend:
By doing this method you will lose all the previous snaps like in the case of clearing the conversation.
- Go to Snapchat >> Tap on your Profile >> My Friends, Remove the affected friend name from the list. Then you can add him/her back.
The above-mentioned solutions are some of the commonly used to fix “How to fix snapchat not loading snaps” issues.
Install the app again or Update it
Sometimes due to any new feature in the updated app which presently you don’t have may be the cause. So you can try this trick for the result. Just follow the simple steps given below and you can just follow these steps for different operating system to know How to fix snapchat not loading snaps.
- Open the Play Store or the Apple store based on the type of mobile phone used by you, search for the Snapchat app.
- Check in the store if the update for the app is available or not.
- If the update is available, update the Snapchat to the latest version. Once the app is updated, try to reload the snap or the story, it should generally work.
So we have provided you with different methods on How to fix snapchat not loading snaps. There are several different methods that we have provided the simple ones also that you can try and fix everything. Hope you find this useful. Thankyou for reading this.