What is smvvm on my phone? We have heard most of you talking about this smvvm. So we are here to talk about smvvm what is it about. What is its purpose and how you can use them in your phone. With the technology growing and all the things over the internet people want to learn new stuff every day. This is making people curious and want to know all about the phone. People want to know all about Android packages and smvvm. So here we are again to help you with What is smvvm on my phone.
So as you know sometimes there are packages that fail and a popup message continues to occur on your screen. That does not allow you to do anything. It keeps popping up again and again. It’s kind of irritating. So if you want to get rid of it. You have come to the right place. So smvvm will help you get through those message and problems easily. Then let’s begin with What is smvvm on my phone?
What is smvvm on my phone?
So smvvm is an abbreviated form of “Smart Modern Vivacious Valiant Mortal”. Don’t you get intimidated by the name we will go with the smvvm because its simple and easy.
Smvvm is not any package or a app it is an folder that is stored in your android smartphones. The smvvm folder deals with the voicemails and voice calls that you have recorded in your phone. They are generally stored in that folder. The smvvm generally comes with samsung or LG phone. So are you happy with our little and short explanation of What is smvvm on my phone.
How to access voicemail saved on SD card?
This is a major problem people face when they switch from one device to another. You knew the location of your voicemails in the old device but after switching you are unaware of it. It is not visible in your new device and is not easy to find. This may even happen when the files are not corrupt.
This problem can be solved by using VVM app as you can read the contents of your SD card using it. Here the target is to move these voicemail messages from the MicroSD card to Inbox.
- Firstly, you have to start a voicemail. You have to select the Voicemail icon for this.
- At the top of the screen you will notice a Voicemail selector bar. Tap on it to continue.
- A screen will appear in which you have to select SD card radio button.
- After the above selection, click on the Menu button.
- As our motive is to move the voicemail messages to the inbox. So now you have to click on Move to Inbox button. After doing this, you will be able to access your voicemail in the new device too.
- Now you just have to select the message or group of messages which you want in the inbox.
- Click on Move to inbox button after selecting the messages.
- As you have to get out of the messages-selected mode, you will now click on the Cancel button.
- Now let’s go back to the Voicemail selector bar which will be visible on top of your screen. When you will return to the inbox after this process, all the voicemails and visual voicemail will be available there.
Remember that the VVM app should be able to read your SD card otherwise the above procedure will not be possible.
Move visual voicemails from SD card to Phone
- Firstly, you have to move the visual voicemails from your old phone to a MicroSD card.
- For moving on, you have to download any third party File Explorer App like ES File Explorer. But you can also choose to use default File Manager App of your device.
- Now open the File Manager and go to the internal SD card folder. The directory for the same may be: /sdcard or /mnt/sdcard. From this, you have to select the SMVVM folder.
- To copy the folder, you have to tap and hold on it and then click Copy. For your information, you just have to copy and paste it to the external SD card folder.
- Just remove that SD card from your old device and insert it into your new one.
- If your new phone has an internal SD card then you may have to follow some additional steps in order to get the SMVVM folder to the correct directory.
- If there are current messages stored in the SD card according to the app then you should move the visual voicemail messages from there. Because of this, it will be saved temporarily.
- Now go to the following directory using the File Manager: /mnt/sdcard. Now you have to delete the SMVVM folder in there.
- Lastly, copy the SMVVM folder from the SD card location and paste it in /mnt/sdcard. This is the location where you just have deleted the SMVVM folder.
Restoring message from Archive to Inbox
- Firstly, go to your Visual Voicemail Inbox. There you will see three horizontal bars. Tap on that menu icon which is next to inbox.
- A menu will appear from which you have to select Archive. By doing this, Archive folder will open.
- Click and hold on to the messages which you want to restore.
- Now click on the three dots for Overflow menu. A menu will appear from which select Move to Inbox. When you do this, a confirmation will pop at the bottom of your screen. Then you can rest assure as your messages are restored to the inbox.
- To open your inbox, click on the menu icon again and select Inbox.
Can smvvm folder be deleted?
Many people are curious about this question. The SMVVM folder can take up much storage in your device as it stores voicemails, visual voicemails and other miscellaneous things. So, the answer to the question is Yes you can delete the SMVVM folder. Now whether you decide to delete it or not is up to you. Deleting the folder will obviously clear up some space in your device. But sometimes it can also cause a problem. As the voicemails may get deleted permanently if they are not stored in Archive or SD card. Also, this is an auto-generated folder which will be created again.
How can you move the messages from inbox to the Archive?
So you can also move your inbox messages to the archive folder. Also some phones have archive message stored in the local path whose location is /mnt/sdcard/smvmm.
There is also a limit to messages that can be stored in the archive message and when you reach the limit of 500. It will show you a message that the archive folder is full and to delete your messages. Now just follow the simple steps and you can also do it with ease.
- First go to your inbox and then tap on the message and it will open a drop down menu appears and where you can select the archive.
- And also you can just swipe on a message from left to right. Then a popup appears which says tap to archive then you can just tap on the message and archive the message.
- Then you can also tap on the overflow menu and then over playback screen then click on the archive.
So with the increasing curiosity and knowledge of people who want to know everything. So we have provided one of those information that people need that is What is smvvm on my phone. We have also provided you with the details of how smvvm is useful and what it does in your phone. And some different methods to archive the voice messages. So hope you find our information on What is smvvm on my phone. Thank You for the read.