When you want to change the Ip address for tv. Or when you want to assign an static one to your TV. The only thing you need is your remote. And if you have lost your remote which can happen in a normal household. And if you have lost your remote dont you worry we have got you covered. We are here to talk about some of the easiest ways to find the Ip address for tv. Samsung Smart TV (or any streaming device) without a remote. Let’s begin.
Also Read: Lost firestick remote how to pair new one
How to find Samsung Smart Ip address for tv:
So firstly we will talk about how there are many methods by which. You can just find the Ip address for tv to the device connected to the router. You can get it on your Tv and also on your phone. The following are the steps that you can follow to find Ip address for tv.
1. On a Computer:
So there are many methods by which you can find the Ip address for tv through your Computer and Mac. Angry IP Scanner can help you do that. It is the easiest way you can do it on a computer.
- Firstly you have to download and install the software on your local.
- Angry IP Scanner is such a easy going software and simple to handle. That you just have to press the scan button. And it will automatically detect the Ip address for tv if it’s in the range. And even if its not detecting the Ip address for tv you can go with 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.255. Believe me it works.
- Your TV will automatically show up in the list without any problem.
- But if there are multiple TV in your house then you will get multiple appliances and you will get confused. Let us tell you what to do in that condition. Just right click on the Tv and you can do a ping test. It works like a SONAR it sends data packets from your Local to your TV. And you can switch on the one you want to know IP address for and then can switched off. And like that you can do that for other TV also.
There is also another popular network tool named Fing that allows to discover devices which are connected to a network. It is available for both Android and iOS and has a good reputation.
- You can install this app from Play Store for Android and from App Store for iOS smartphone.
- Now connect the smartphone to same network of Smart TV to run the app.
- Tap the Scan button in the devices tab which is visible on the top right.
After scanning the network, the app would show the available devices in a list. The Samsung Smart TV can be found here.
This app will be able to distinguish between a TV and smartphone but still you can calm your doubts by doing a Ping Test on your TV. You can do this by turning your TV off and running a Ping test in the app. You will get to know that it is not your TV if you get a ping return.
These days the routers show a list of all the devices that are connected to the network. All these connected devices can be checked in the router console.
- Open a web browser and go to the router login page to enter the login credentials. You can do so either from a smartphone or desktop.
- Then you just have to follow few simple steps that is just navigate through the app. Every app has different discovery mode and interface. This method is not that useful. Because every router also has different interface and it might not show up on the localhost. So the only thing you can do is you can still try and ping the IP address of the TV while it is switched off to see if it pings back. If it does then it is probably not your TV.
4. Use your smartphone as a remote:
In today’s world the name signifies enough that smart TVs are really getting smarter by day. And for such things there is an app called SmartThings this is a very helpful and a cool app. There are many useful and good things you can do with the app such as play TV sound on the computer, mirror your phone screen to the TV and even control the TV using your phone. So you don’t have to worry because if you lost your remote and want to find Ip address for tv. This app makes it simple and in few simple steps:
- First you have to do one simple things is install the app on your Android or iOS device.
- You can use a Samsung account to login create one here.
- Now just tap on the + and you can add your Samsung TV on your phone.
- And then you are ready to go and you can use your phone as a touchpad for your samsung smart TV.
- So if you want to find the TV’s IP address, navigate to Settings > General > Network > Network Status > IP Settings.
This app only works with the Samsung Smart TVs. But you don’t have to worry about anything else here because we have got you covered. You can download appropriate app for your device and navigate to find the IP address in the Network Settings. Here are some which can be of use for you.
- Android TV- Android TV Remote Control (Android | iOS)
- LG Smart TV- LG TV PLUS (Android | iOS)
- Roku- Roku App ( Android | iOS)
- Firestick- Amazon Fire TV App ( Android | iOS)
- Apple TV- Apple TV App ( iOS)
We have provided you with different methods of finding Ip address for tv. In this we have explained it through the windows or mac. We have explained it through the smartphone, router or the app. You can use whichever one you like without any problem. Hope you find what you are looking for here. Thank You for the read.