As discussed in the earlier post on What is WebDiscover, we have come to know that, it guarantees to bring the ability of the net to your desktop. Webdiscover users of the app could realize their searches redirected, a slower browsing speed, and intrusive pop-up ads. One shall learn the way to uninstall WebDiscover and proactively defend your device against threats with this bit-by-bit guide. Thus, in this post we will discuss how to remove the webdiscover browser.
Whenever, you’ll open your browser or perform a query, your browser may be redirected to safestsearches.com. Also, most of the people will use the WebDiscover browser thinking it’s the traditional Chrome browser. Thus, almost like the WebDiscover browser extension, your homepage and search queries are going to be redirected through to safestsearches.com.
WebDiscover can also track your searches and display advertisements on safestsearches.com.
So, let’s see the steps to perform the required action and free our devices from this unwanted virus prone Webdiscover browser.
Steps to perform uninstalling of Webdiscover Browser
This malware removal guide may appear overwhelming thanks to the amount of steps and various programs that are getting used . This guide is clear, detailed, and straightforward. Anyone can use it to get rid of the webdiscover malware for free.
To remove the WebDiscover browser, follow the below mentioned steps :
- Uninstall WebDiscover from Windows, OR
- Use HitmanPro to scan for malware and unwanted programs, OR
- Use Malwarebytes to get rid of WebDiscover redirect, OR
- Reset the browser settings to get rid of WebDiscover, OR
- Use AdwCleaner.
Uninstall WebDiscover Browser from Windows
- Close the “WebDiscover” program.
- Go to “Programs and Features”.
- Find the computer virus and uninstall it.
- The “Programs and Features” screen shows an inventory of all the programs installed on your PC.
- Scroll through the list until you discover “WebDiscover“.
- Then, click the “Uninstall” button that appears on the top toolbar.
Using HitmanPro to remove the webdiscover browser
HitmanPro may be a second opinion scanner that takes a singular cloud-based approach to malware scanning. It scans the behavior of active files and also files in locations where malware normally resides for suspicious activity. Also, if it finds a suspicious file that’s not already known. HitmanPro sends it to its clouds to get it scan by Bitdefender and Kaspersky.
We, therefore now look on how to utilize Hitman Pro to uninstall WebDiscover.
- Download HitmanPro.
- Install HitmanPro.
- Double-click on “hitmanpro.exe” (for 32-bit versions of Windows) or “hitmanpro_x64.exe” (for 64-bit versions of Windows).
- Double-click on the HitmanPro setup file – Help Guide
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Click Next to put in HitmanPro
- Wait for the HitmanPro scan to finish .
- Click on “Next”.
- Now, click on “Activate free license”.
- Click on the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30days trial and remove all malicious files from PC.
Using Malwarebytes to remove WebDiscover
Malwarebytes Free is one among the foremost popular and most used anti-malware software for Windows. When it involves cleaning up an infected device, Malwarebytes has always been free. Thus, we recommend it as an important tool in the fight against the webdiscover browser.
- Download MalwareBytes Free
- Double-click on the Malwarebytes setup file.
- Double-click on MBSetup installer to put in Malwarebytes
- Follow the on-screen prompts to put in Malwarebytes.
- Select “Use Malwarebytes Free”.
- Click on “Use Malwarebytes Free“.
- Now, click on Use Malwarebytes liberal to continue with the install
- Click on “Scan”.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish .
- Click on “Quarantine”.
- Review the malicious programs and click on on Quarantine to get rid of WebDiscover
- Restart computer.
Malwarebytes will now remove all the malicious files and registry keys that it finds. Also, to finish the malware removal process, Malwarebytes may ask you to restart your computer.
Reset the browser settings to get rid of WebDiscover
Your computer continues to get redirect to the WebDiscover new tab. If this happens, then, we’ll have to reset the online browser settings to their original defaults. This step should be performed as long as your issues haven’t been solved by the previous steps.
Thus, resetting your browser settings will reset the unwanted changes caused by installing other programs. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
To reset Google Chrome and remove WebDiscover, follow these steps:
- Click the menu icon, then click on “Settings”.
- Click “Advanced”.
- Also, click “Reset settings to their original defaults”.
- Click “Reset Settings”.
Thus, on performing the above mentioned steps diligently, your computer will now be free from the WebDiscover computer virus.
Using Adware Cleaner
AdwareCleaner may be a free popular on-demand scanner which may detect and take away malware. That even the foremost well-known anti-virus and anti-malware applications fail to seek out .
- Download AdwCleaner.
- Double Click on the Setup File.
- Click on “Scan Now”.
- Also wait for the AdwCleaner scan to complete.
- Click on “Clean & Repair”.
- Thus, click Clean to get rid of WebDiscover
- Click on “Clean & Restart Now”
When the malware removal process is complete, AdwCleaner may have to restart your device. Click on the “Clean & Restart Now” button to end the removal process. When the method is complete, you’ll close Adwcleaner and continue with the remainder of the instructions.
!!! SUMMING UP !!!
In this post, continuing from the last article on what is webdiscover browser. I have discussed here the ways to remove this browser. Thus, I have also gone through the journey of the webdiscover browser.
Thus, this post is for all those who have troubles with this browser. If, you have any queries and/or doubts or you face any problem while going through this. Then, feel free to come in touch with me. You can also post the things in comments.
Till then go through the other posts of mine here. Until then good-bye !!