In today’s world no one is really untouched from social apps. Most apps require your phone number to get started. Snapchat too like other apps uses your phone number to find your friends. What if you can do all those things and also don’t have to give your phone number, wouldn’t it be great. Also if you are installing it for the first time then you can use even your email address for verification. This would be safer and private. In this blog we will tell you how to remove your phone number from snapchat. If you have already used it while installing it initially.
Also read: Best programing language to learn first
What is Snapchat?
Almost everyone has seen photos of people with dog’s ears or heart freckles or flowers floating on their head. Also, I am 100% sure that you all know what I am talking about. That’s right, Snapchat. The combination of snaps and texts is what makes this mobile app different from other social media. Snapchat has a special kind of camera so, you can try on a new look with just one tap on the mobile screen. Simply, you can chat with your friends through snaps on Snapchat. With more than 500 million users, Snapchat has become one of the largest networking platforms.
Although Snapchat is a really interesting app, it can be difficult to use sometimes because of its hidden features. But if you get the basics of Snapchat then you are good to start.
Method 1: Remove Your Phone Number Directly from Snapchat
Settings->Tap Mobile Number->Verify Phone Number->Delete Phone Number. However, there is a trick to remove your phone number. Here is how you can do it.
In 2014, Snapchat announced a new update that it is allowing the users to unlink their phone numbers from their account. It was announced after 4.6 million users’ information was leaked out.
Here is the trick to remove the phone number from Snapchat:
To delete your phone number from the primary account, create a new Snapchat account using your primary phone number. To do so follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the snapchat app in your account.
- Login to your primary account.
- Go to the Settings.
- And Log Out your Snapchat account.
- Now you will see the Log In page.
- After that click on the Sign-Up button.
- Now enter your first name and last name. And tap ‘Sign Up & Accept.’
- After that enter your BIRTHDAY. And tap Continue.
- Choose username and tap Continue.
- Now enter your Password. And tap Continue.
- Now, this is important! Under “What’s your email address.’ click on the ‘Sign up with a phone instead.’
- Now enter your Primary Phone Number (phone number you want to remove from your primary account).
- After that, verify your phone number and enter the code.
- Now log out your new Snapchat account. And login to your primary account (real account).
- Your phone number will be successfully removed from your primary phone number.
Method 2: Hide Your Existing Phone Number on Snapchat
One easy way to remove your phone number from your Snapchat account is by not removing it at all. Confused? Since you have already signed up on your Snapchat account using your phone number, you cannot permanently delete it from the account(for IOS users). So, the trick is for hiding your phone number from the eyes of the public.
- First, log in to your Snapchat account.
- Then click on your Bitmoji or Profile icon.
- Go to the Settings gear icon.
- Tap on the Mobile number option.
- Inside that option put Let others find me using my mobile number in off mode in case it is on.
This way you can hide your phone number from people and they wouldn’t be able to find you on Snapchat through your phone number.
Method 3: Replace Your Phone Number
This is more like a suggestion than a tip for protecting your Snapchat account and your phone number. All you have to do is replace your linked phone number on your Snapchat account.
- Open Snapchat.
- Click on the Bitmoji icon or Profile icon.
- Tap on the Settings gear icon.
- Click on the Mobile number.
- Add any other phone number that you use rarely.
- You will get a notification about getting a code via text or call. Choose any one option.
- Snapchat requests you to add a Password for confirmation.
Remember to replace the existing phone number with another phone number that is less important to you. What’s the point in replacing for safety if the phone number that you replaced is your regular number, right?
Method 4: Deleting your account:
Not the most popular solution and it may seem too much to remove your phone number from snapchat, but once you think it may appeal you.
As unlike other messaging snapchat does not store your media sent to you. It is just a platform to pass snaps. So if you delete your account and create a new one you will just have to add your earlier friends to your new account which is not a hard work anyway. Once you are done adding your friends you will realize that your new account is same as your old one. While creating the new account just remember to verify using your email and you are good to go.
Although you have deleted your linked account doesn’t mean you cannot enjoy Snapchat or keep your account safe. If you want to open another account just use email instead of phone number. Happy to help you. Happy reading if you have any problem please let us know thank you.